Sep 1, 2012, 3:50 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes have signed center Jordan Martinook to a three-year, entry-level contract.
Martinook was taken 58th overall (second round) in the 2012 draft after piling up 40 goals with the Vancouver Giants of the Western Hockey League.
The 20-year-old has been told his junior career is over, so it’s either AHL Portland or NHL Phoenix next season. (We’ll bet on the former.)
Obviously the comments section is gong be buzzing with this news, so we’ll let you get to it below.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 78
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50