Sep 1, 2012, 3:50 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes have signed center Jordan Martinook to a three-year, entry-level contract.
Martinook was taken 58th overall (second round) in the 2012 draft after piling up 40 goals with the Vancouver Giants of the Western Hockey League.
The 20-year-old has been told his junior career is over, so it’s either AHL Portland or NHL Phoenix next season. (We’ll bet on the former.)
Obviously the comments section is gong be buzzing with this news, so we’ll let you get to it below.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 20
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 37
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 57
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 15
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20