Sep 1, 2012, 3:50 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes have signed center Jordan Martinook to a three-year, entry-level contract.
Martinook was taken 58th overall (second round) in the 2012 draft after piling up 40 goals with the Vancouver Giants of the Western Hockey League.
The 20-year-old has been told his junior career is over, so it’s either AHL Portland or NHL Phoenix next season. (We’ll bet on the former.)
Obviously the comments section is gong be buzzing with this news, so we’ll let you get to it below.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)