Sep 1, 2012, 3:50 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes have signed center Jordan Martinook to a three-year, entry-level contract.
Martinook was taken 58th overall (second round) in the 2012 draft after piling up 40 goals with the Vancouver Giants of the Western Hockey League.
The 20-year-old has been told his junior career is over, so it’s either AHL Portland or NHL Phoenix next season. (We’ll bet on the former.)
Obviously the comments section is gong be buzzing with this news, so we’ll let you get to it below.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)