Sep 1, 2012, 3:50 PM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes have signed center Jordan Martinook to a three-year, entry-level contract.
Martinook was taken 58th overall (second round) in the 2012 draft after piling up 40 goals with the Vancouver Giants of the Western Hockey League.
The 20-year-old has been told his junior career is over, so it’s either AHL Portland or NHL Phoenix next season. (We’ll bet on the former.)
Obviously the comments section is gong be buzzing with this news, so we’ll let you get to it below.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 7
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 9
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)