Aug 31, 2012, 10:49 AM EDT
Dallas center Derek Roy is on target for a November return following offseason shoulder surgery.
“It’s getting better. Every day I try to get more motion in it and more strength in it,” Roy told the Stars’ website. “I’m just doing the little things to get it going. It’s going to take time, but if you take it one day at a time, it’s a little better.”
Roy, who was traded from Buffalo to Dallas on July 2, hopes to start skating in late September.
Considering the current CBA situation, the 29-year-old might even be ready for the Stars’ first game of the season.
Actually, he might be more than ready.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (84)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)