Aug 30, 2012, 5:42 PM EDT
With 30 points in 65 games last season, it looked like Zach Bogosian might meet some of the Winnipeg Jets’ expectations. Wrist surgery could derail his chances of building on that, though.
While the forward and goaltending groups received some noteworthy offseason tweaks, Winnipeg’s defense looks largely the same.
If they don’t seek a free agent, Winnipeg might look to Ron Hainsey to replace some of Bogosian’s production.
Hainsey has taken on more of a defensive role in recent years, but he had three consecutive 30+ point seasons from 2006-07 to 2008-09.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6