Aug 30, 2012, 5:42 PM EDT
With 30 points in 65 games last season, it looked like Zach Bogosian might meet some of the Winnipeg Jets’ expectations. Wrist surgery could derail his chances of building on that, though.
While the forward and goaltending groups received some noteworthy offseason tweaks, Winnipeg’s defense looks largely the same.
If they don’t seek a free agent, Winnipeg might look to Ron Hainsey to replace some of Bogosian’s production.
Hainsey has taken on more of a defensive role in recent years, but he had three consecutive 30+ point seasons from 2006-07 to 2008-09.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)