Aug 30, 2012, 5:42 PM EDT
With 30 points in 65 games last season, it looked like Zach Bogosian might meet some of the Winnipeg Jets’ expectations. Wrist surgery could derail his chances of building on that, though.
While the forward and goaltending groups received some noteworthy offseason tweaks, Winnipeg’s defense looks largely the same.
If they don’t seek a free agent, Winnipeg might look to Ron Hainsey to replace some of Bogosian’s production.
Hainsey has taken on more of a defensive role in recent years, but he had three consecutive 30+ point seasons from 2006-07 to 2008-09.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 5
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 28
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 14
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)