Aug 30, 2012, 5:42 PM EDT
With 30 points in 65 games last season, it looked like Zach Bogosian might meet some of the Winnipeg Jets’ expectations. Wrist surgery could derail his chances of building on that, though.
While the forward and goaltending groups received some noteworthy offseason tweaks, Winnipeg’s defense looks largely the same.
If they don’t seek a free agent, Winnipeg might look to Ron Hainsey to replace some of Bogosian’s production.
Hainsey has taken on more of a defensive role in recent years, but he had three consecutive 30+ point seasons from 2006-07 to 2008-09.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)