Aug 30, 2012, 5:42 PM EST
With 30 points in 65 games last season, it looked like Zach Bogosian might meet some of the Winnipeg Jets’ expectations. Wrist surgery could derail his chances of building on that, though.
While the forward and goaltending groups received some noteworthy offseason tweaks, Winnipeg’s defense looks largely the same.
If they don’t seek a free agent, Winnipeg might look to Ron Hainsey to replace some of Bogosian’s production.
Hainsey has taken on more of a defensive role in recent years, but he had three consecutive 30+ point seasons from 2006-07 to 2008-09.
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 0
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 6
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 12
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)