Aug 30, 2012, 6:06 PM EDT
(Hall’s contract calls for the same $6 million annual cap hit, but it includes an extra year and thus totals $42 million.)
Eberle is just 22 and is coming off a breakthrough 34-goal, 76 point season.
That total topped the Oilers in 2011-12, giving him fantastic leverage.
With Eberle and Hall locked up for the long-term (both still have a year left on their current, cheaper deals), the Oilers cemented the future for half of their four brightest young forwards.
Eberle and Hall represent the Oilers’ only long-term deals at this moment.
Aside from Shawn Horcoff and Yakupov being on the books until 2014-15, every other contract is set to expire in the next season or two.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)