Aug 30, 2012, 6:06 PM EDT
(Hall’s contract calls for the same $6 million annual cap hit, but it includes an extra year and thus totals $42 million.)
Eberle is just 22 and is coming off a breakthrough 34-goal, 76 point season.
That total topped the Oilers in 2011-12, giving him fantastic leverage.
With Eberle and Hall locked up for the long-term (both still have a year left on their current, cheaper deals), the Oilers cemented the future for half of their four brightest young forwards.
Eberle and Hall represent the Oilers’ only long-term deals at this moment.
Aside from Shawn Horcoff and Yakupov being on the books until 2014-15, every other contract is set to expire in the next season or two.
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 3
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 49
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 43
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 55
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal