Aug 30, 2012, 6:06 PM EDT
(Hall’s contract calls for the same $6 million annual cap hit, but it includes an extra year and thus totals $42 million.)
Eberle is just 22 and is coming off a breakthrough 34-goal, 76 point season.
That total topped the Oilers in 2011-12, giving him fantastic leverage.
With Eberle and Hall locked up for the long-term (both still have a year left on their current, cheaper deals), the Oilers cemented the future for half of their four brightest young forwards.
Eberle and Hall represent the Oilers’ only long-term deals at this moment.
Aside from Shawn Horcoff and Yakupov being on the books until 2014-15, every other contract is set to expire in the next season or two.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)