Aug 30, 2012, 6:06 PM EST
(Hall’s contract calls for the same $6 million annual cap hit, but it includes an extra year and thus totals $42 million.)
Eberle is just 22 and is coming off a breakthrough 34-goal, 76 point season.
That total topped the Oilers in 2011-12, giving him fantastic leverage.
With Eberle and Hall locked up for the long-term (both still have a year left on their current, cheaper deals), the Oilers cemented the future for half of their four brightest young forwards.
Eberle and Hall represent the Oilers’ only long-term deals at this moment.
Aside from Shawn Horcoff and Yakupov being on the books until 2014-15, every other contract is set to expire in the next season or two.
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 32
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 1
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 16
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 27
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)