Aug 30, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
To quote Chief Wiggum, “You just…you couldn’t have picked a worse time.”
Yes, the NHL has released its national television schedule for the 2012-13 season.
With a fairly large asterisk, here’s what the NBC Sports Group (that’s us!) has on tap:
—- Over 100 games on NBC and NBC Sports Network.
—- The Discover NHL Thanksgiving Showdown pits the Boston Bruins against the New York Rangers on Thanksgiving Friday (Nov. 23).
—- The 2013 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic goes Tuesday, Jan. 1, at Michigan Stadium between the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs.
—- A triple-header on Feb. 17 for Hockey Day in America. Two afternoon games on NBC will be followed by an evening game on NBC Sports Network.
The regular season will conclude Saturday, April 13, with 14 games.
Of course, when the regular season commences is the big unknown. But if it does happen to start on Oct. 11 as planned, NBC Sports Network will air a double-header starting with the Boston Bruins at Philadelphia Flyers and followed by the St. Louis Blues at Colorado Avalanche.
The next night, Oct. 12, the Los Angeles Kings will raise their first-ever Stanley Cup banner at the Staples Center. (And if the season doesn’t start on time, the Clippers will have a practice.)
Update: Here’s a link to the full list of games.
Puck Daddy has the individual team breakdowns.
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 7
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 11
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 10
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 39
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 62
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)