Aug 30, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
For the second offseason in a row, the Florida Panthers are rolling the dice with a talented Colorado Avalanche forward whose career has been ravaged by injuries.
It worked out splendidly with Tomas Fleischmann, and if health indeed is the big issue for Peter Mueller, he seemed confident in overcoming that when speaking to Harvey Fialkov.
“It’s 100 percent behind me. I tell people all the time I haven’t felt this clear since my first year which is awesome,” Mueller said. “I feel great on the ice and in the weight room, just in overall health, I feel a lot better than what I’m used to to, so that’s exciting and encouraging … In some aspects I’m like a rookie again.”
Rookie year-type numbers would be music to Florida’s ears.
Mueller’s inaugural year was by far his best, scoring 22 goals and 54 points in 81 games during that 2007-08 campaign.
“I want to play 82 games. I want to contribute,’’ Mueller said. “There’s no doubt I can [match my rookie output]. If I’m in the lineup I’m confident in my abilities and I’m confident that I can help this team win and I’m confident I can make other people better.”
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)