Aug 30, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
For the second offseason in a row, the Florida Panthers are rolling the dice with a talented Colorado Avalanche forward whose career has been ravaged by injuries.
It worked out splendidly with Tomas Fleischmann, and if health indeed is the big issue for Peter Mueller, he seemed confident in overcoming that when speaking to Harvey Fialkov.
“It’s 100 percent behind me. I tell people all the time I haven’t felt this clear since my first year which is awesome,” Mueller said. “I feel great on the ice and in the weight room, just in overall health, I feel a lot better than what I’m used to to, so that’s exciting and encouraging … In some aspects I’m like a rookie again.”
Rookie year-type numbers would be music to Florida’s ears.
Mueller’s inaugural year was by far his best, scoring 22 goals and 54 points in 81 games during that 2007-08 campaign.
“I want to play 82 games. I want to contribute,’’ Mueller said. “There’s no doubt I can [match my rookie output]. If I’m in the lineup I’m confident in my abilities and I’m confident that I can help this team win and I’m confident I can make other people better.”
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 4
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)