Aug 30, 2012, 10:22 PM EDT
George Richards caught up with a group of Florida Panthers to discuss a potential lockout, with an anonymous one providing a troubling comment about what he’s preparing for.
“Getting ready for November,” joked one former Panthers player who asked not to be identified. “I hope we play in October. But I also hope we play in November. We’re still getting ready.”
“I’m optimistic we’re going to get something done,” Jovanovski said. “You see a business side in every sport. Everyone wants a fair deal. As players, we’re more than willing to make things fair. But there are 700 people in our union and everything has to be agreed upon. I just hope we don’t miss any hockey.”
Theodore compared how he felt during the previous lockout to what he’s thinking now.
“The last time around, I was 27 so I dealt with it as ‘oh, I have a lot more years left’,” Theodore said. “We had a good thing going last year and we really want to get back at it. I’m preparing as if nothing is going to happen, but you have it in the back of your mind. You worry this thing might drag out.”
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20