Aug 29, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Apparently getting out of Phoenix was the best thing to ever happen to Kyle Turris.
Turris was acquired by the Sens last year in a deal with the Coyotes that sent David Rundblad and a second-round pick to Phoenix. He took full advantage of being exiled by scoring 12 goals and adding 17 assists in 49 games with Ottawa, all career-high numbers.
Turris was Phoenix’s first-round pick in 2007 taken third overall but wore out his welcome there in a contract dispute with the team last season. The then restricted free agent wanted a lucrative, long-term deal despite not getting the sort of ice time he wanted. The Sens are hoping what he showed last season is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to offensive production.
- PHT Morning Skate: Two top scoring duos collide in Ducks vs. Stars 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Sharks get over past playoff hurdles? 4
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 15
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 8
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)