Aug 29, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
Apparently getting out of Phoenix was the best thing to ever happen to Kyle Turris.
Turris was acquired by the Sens last year in a deal with the Coyotes that sent David Rundblad and a second-round pick to Phoenix. He took full advantage of being exiled by scoring 12 goals and adding 17 assists in 49 games with Ottawa, all career-high numbers.
Turris was Phoenix’s first-round pick in 2007 taken third overall but wore out his welcome there in a contract dispute with the team last season. The then restricted free agent wanted a lucrative, long-term deal despite not getting the sort of ice time he wanted. The Sens are hoping what he showed last season is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to offensive production.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)