Aug 29, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Apparently getting out of Phoenix was the best thing to ever happen to Kyle Turris.
Turris was acquired by the Sens last year in a deal with the Coyotes that sent David Rundblad and a second-round pick to Phoenix. He took full advantage of being exiled by scoring 12 goals and adding 17 assists in 49 games with Ottawa, all career-high numbers.
Turris was Phoenix’s first-round pick in 2007 taken third overall but wore out his welcome there in a contract dispute with the team last season. The then restricted free agent wanted a lucrative, long-term deal despite not getting the sort of ice time he wanted. The Sens are hoping what he showed last season is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to offensive production.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)