Aug 29, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Apparently getting out of Phoenix was the best thing to ever happen to Kyle Turris.
Turris was acquired by the Sens last year in a deal with the Coyotes that sent David Rundblad and a second-round pick to Phoenix. He took full advantage of being exiled by scoring 12 goals and adding 17 assists in 49 games with Ottawa, all career-high numbers.
Turris was Phoenix’s first-round pick in 2007 taken third overall but wore out his welcome there in a contract dispute with the team last season. The then restricted free agent wanted a lucrative, long-term deal despite not getting the sort of ice time he wanted. The Sens are hoping what he showed last season is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to offensive production.
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 15
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 31
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 30
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)