Aug 29, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Apparently getting out of Phoenix was the best thing to ever happen to Kyle Turris.
Turris was acquired by the Sens last year in a deal with the Coyotes that sent David Rundblad and a second-round pick to Phoenix. He took full advantage of being exiled by scoring 12 goals and adding 17 assists in 49 games with Ottawa, all career-high numbers.
Turris was Phoenix’s first-round pick in 2007 taken third overall but wore out his welcome there in a contract dispute with the team last season. The then restricted free agent wanted a lucrative, long-term deal despite not getting the sort of ice time he wanted. The Sens are hoping what he showed last season is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to offensive production.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)