Aug 29, 2012, 1:56 PM EDT
Montreal won’t have Rene Bourque to kick around for up to the next three months.
The Habs announced Bourque underwent successful surgery to repair an abdominal wall tear and will be out 8-12 weeks. Bourque was injured while doing offseason exercises to prepare for the coming season.
If you want to take a semi-positive out of this for the Habs, a lockout could help limit the number of games he’ll miss. Of course the downside to that is a lockout means no hockey for anyone at all.
Bourque was acquired by the Canadiens last season from Calgary and scored just five goals with three assists in 38 games for Montreal. While with Calgary, he scored 13 goals in the same number of games. Whoops.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)