Aug 29, 2012, 1:56 PM EDT
Montreal won’t have Rene Bourque to kick around for up to the next three months.
The Habs announced Bourque underwent successful surgery to repair an abdominal wall tear and will be out 8-12 weeks. Bourque was injured while doing offseason exercises to prepare for the coming season.
If you want to take a semi-positive out of this for the Habs, a lockout could help limit the number of games he’ll miss. Of course the downside to that is a lockout means no hockey for anyone at all.
Bourque was acquired by the Canadiens last season from Calgary and scored just five goals with three assists in 38 games for Montreal. While with Calgary, he scored 13 goals in the same number of games. Whoops.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (83)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)