Aug 29, 2012, 1:56 PM EDT
Montreal won’t have Rene Bourque to kick around for up to the next three months.
The Habs announced Bourque underwent successful surgery to repair an abdominal wall tear and will be out 8-12 weeks. Bourque was injured while doing offseason exercises to prepare for the coming season.
If you want to take a semi-positive out of this for the Habs, a lockout could help limit the number of games he’ll miss. Of course the downside to that is a lockout means no hockey for anyone at all.
Bourque was acquired by the Canadiens last season from Calgary and scored just five goals with three assists in 38 games for Montreal. While with Calgary, he scored 13 goals in the same number of games. Whoops.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 19
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 39
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 75
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL