Aug 29, 2012, 10:45 AM EDT
Oilers forward Linus Omark is a shootout guru and small bundle of excitement, but he won’t be flexing his skills in Edmonton or Oklahoma City next season.
According to David Staples of the Edmonton Journal, Omark is headed to Switzerland where he’ll join EV Zug.
Last season Omark played in just 14 games with the Oilers, scoring three goals and adding no assists. He played in just 18 games in the AHL with Oklahoma City but had six goals and 10 assists there. He wound up missing plenty of time thanks to a broken ankle.
Omark was a restricted free agent this offseason as he waited out to see if the Oilers would present him with a contract offer and an opportunity to stick with the big club. Rather than waiting for the team to come to him, or the labor dispute to be settled, he opted to take his game across the ocean.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 69
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (92)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (69)