Aug 29, 2012, 10:45 AM EDT
Oilers forward Linus Omark is a shootout guru and small bundle of excitement, but he won’t be flexing his skills in Edmonton or Oklahoma City next season.
According to David Staples of the Edmonton Journal, Omark is headed to Switzerland where he’ll join EV Zug.
Last season Omark played in just 14 games with the Oilers, scoring three goals and adding no assists. He played in just 18 games in the AHL with Oklahoma City but had six goals and 10 assists there. He wound up missing plenty of time thanks to a broken ankle.
Omark was a restricted free agent this offseason as he waited out to see if the Oilers would present him with a contract offer and an opportunity to stick with the big club. Rather than waiting for the team to come to him, or the labor dispute to be settled, he opted to take his game across the ocean.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 23
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)