Aug 29, 2012, 10:22 PM EDT
“Gary [Bettman] made it [proposal] sound like significant and meaningful steps. I don’t think it changed too much,” Hamhuis said. “When you look behind the numbers, it really doesn’t change a lot. You can say 50-50 [split], but 50-50 of what is the question?”
Malhotra on hockey related revenue: "It would be nice to have a standard set of rules and know exactly what we're calculating from."—
Ben Kuzma (@benkuzma) August 29, 2012
Malhotra provides an honest appraisal of the situation as it is, though.
“As much as we talk about [revenue] percentages and definitions, there’s a big picture that needs to be settled — not one number,” Malhotra said. “The positive is that the lines of communication are still open, but whether we call the proposal meaningful is another thing.”
Word is that the NHLPA hopes to provide its counter-point by Friday.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires