Aug 29, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
While Sept. 15 marks a deadline for the NHL’s existing CBA, it’s also the (latest) deadline for Shane Doan to allegedly end his free agent bid.
The Pittsburgh Penguins seem like they’ve lost their resolve in figuring something out with the veteran power forward, but Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis told Ben Kuzma he’s willing to take the patient approach.
“We’ve been in constant contact,” Gillis said. “He’s clearly a player we’d like to have in Vancouver and we’re going to wait it out.”
The Canucks seem like they’ll need to settle for the wait-and-see approach when it comes to trading Roberto Luongo, so perhaps it makes sense that they’re not feeling too hasty with Doan.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 64
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50