Aug 29, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
While Sept. 15 marks a deadline for the NHL’s existing CBA, it’s also the (latest) deadline for Shane Doan to allegedly end his free agent bid.
The Pittsburgh Penguins seem like they’ve lost their resolve in figuring something out with the veteran power forward, but Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis told Ben Kuzma he’s willing to take the patient approach.
“We’ve been in constant contact,” Gillis said. “He’s clearly a player we’d like to have in Vancouver and we’re going to wait it out.”
The Canucks seem like they’ll need to settle for the wait-and-see approach when it comes to trading Roberto Luongo, so perhaps it makes sense that they’re not feeling too hasty with Doan.
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 0
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 12
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14