Aug 29, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
While Sept. 15 marks a deadline for the NHL’s existing CBA, it’s also the (latest) deadline for Shane Doan to allegedly end his free agent bid.
The Pittsburgh Penguins seem like they’ve lost their resolve in figuring something out with the veteran power forward, but Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis told Ben Kuzma he’s willing to take the patient approach.
“We’ve been in constant contact,” Gillis said. “He’s clearly a player we’d like to have in Vancouver and we’re going to wait it out.”
The Canucks seem like they’ll need to settle for the wait-and-see approach when it comes to trading Roberto Luongo, so perhaps it makes sense that they’re not feeling too hasty with Doan.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 7
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 3
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)