Aug 29, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
While Sept. 15 marks a deadline for the NHL’s existing CBA, it’s also the (latest) deadline for Shane Doan to allegedly end his free agent bid.
The Pittsburgh Penguins seem like they’ve lost their resolve in figuring something out with the veteran power forward, but Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis told Ben Kuzma he’s willing to take the patient approach.
“We’ve been in constant contact,” Gillis said. “He’s clearly a player we’d like to have in Vancouver and we’re going to wait it out.”
The Canucks seem like they’ll need to settle for the wait-and-see approach when it comes to trading Roberto Luongo, so perhaps it makes sense that they’re not feeling too hasty with Doan.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 7
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 15
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28