Aug 29, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
While Sept. 15 marks a deadline for the NHL’s existing CBA, it’s also the (latest) deadline for Shane Doan to allegedly end his free agent bid.
The Pittsburgh Penguins seem like they’ve lost their resolve in figuring something out with the veteran power forward, but Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis told Ben Kuzma he’s willing to take the patient approach.
“We’ve been in constant contact,” Gillis said. “He’s clearly a player we’d like to have in Vancouver and we’re going to wait it out.”
The Canucks seem like they’ll need to settle for the wait-and-see approach when it comes to trading Roberto Luongo, so perhaps it makes sense that they’re not feeling too hasty with Doan.
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 3
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 8
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 13
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 51
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 25
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)