Aug 29, 2012, 4:39 PM EDT
Today’s meeting between the NHL and NHLPA saw the players meeting up with the owners a day after receiving a second proposal.
NHLPA Executive Chairman Donald Fehr says one of the changes in the new proposal, as shared by Sportsnet’s Michael Grange, sees the owners moving off their offer of giving the players 43-percent of revenues and upping that to 46-percent under the current definition of hockey related revenue (HRR).
It seems that HRR is part of the problem today, however, as Fehr says the players want to keep the current definition of what constitutes that while the owners are looking to re-define what makes that up.
The owners have apparently been bargaining under their definition of it while the players have been going by the current standard. Once they can get that figured out, they can figure out how better to divvy up the financial pie.
Fehr also say says the players’ union wants a shorter agreement, the NHL’s latest offer is for a six years. Their first proposal was for just five years. Meanwhile, Fehr hopes to have a counter-proposal for the owners by tomorrow but they need to go over the financials for more of the teams first. They hope to have something to bounce back at the owners by the latest on Friday.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 0
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 29
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)