Aug 28, 2012, 1:40 PM EST
Stephen Whyno of The Washington Times caught up with the 22 year-old budding star blue liner and finds out his eyes aren’t straying away from D.C.
“I love Washington, I love being here, I stay here for a lot of the summer. I like my teammates, I like the rink, I like the fans,” he said. “I can’t imagine playing anywhere else.”
That’s good for Caps GM George McPhee to hear since he won’t have to worry too much about another team swooping in with an offer sheet. Carlson and fellow young defenseman Karl Alzner make up their solid shutdown pairing and with Carlson continuing to grow his game, locking him up long term should be in the Caps’ plans.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8