Aug 28, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
Stephen Whyno of The Washington Times caught up with the 22 year-old budding star blue liner and finds out his eyes aren’t straying away from D.C.
“I love Washington, I love being here, I stay here for a lot of the summer. I like my teammates, I like the rink, I like the fans,” he said. “I can’t imagine playing anywhere else.”
That’s good for Caps GM George McPhee to hear since he won’t have to worry too much about another team swooping in with an offer sheet. Carlson and fellow young defenseman Karl Alzner make up their solid shutdown pairing and with Carlson continuing to grow his game, locking him up long term should be in the Caps’ plans.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32