Aug 28, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
After the two sides met earlier, they reconvened after a four-hour break that saw Donald and Steve Fehr meet up with some of the players to discuss what went down this morning. What made things special today? The owners presented a new proposal.
Fehr told the media following their 30-minute afternoon session, as Renaud Lavoie of RDS shares, “We got another proposal from the league. Came back today and we want to work on it tonight and in the morning.”
Fehr says the proposal is “different in some respects” but would not clarify what was different. We’ll likely find out later tonight or tomorrow.
There will be more players in New York City for tomorrow’s session. Perhaps both sides are starting to buckle down a bit with a September 15 deadline looming before a lockout.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)