Aug 28, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
After the two sides met earlier, they reconvened after a four-hour break that saw Donald and Steve Fehr meet up with some of the players to discuss what went down this morning. What made things special today? The owners presented a new proposal.
Fehr told the media following their 30-minute afternoon session, as Renaud Lavoie of RDS shares, “We got another proposal from the league. Came back today and we want to work on it tonight and in the morning.”
Fehr says the proposal is “different in some respects” but would not clarify what was different. We’ll likely find out later tonight or tomorrow.
There will be more players in New York City for tomorrow’s session. Perhaps both sides are starting to buckle down a bit with a September 15 deadline looming before a lockout.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 3
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 5
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)