Aug 28, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
After the two sides met earlier, they reconvened after a four-hour break that saw Donald and Steve Fehr meet up with some of the players to discuss what went down this morning. What made things special today? The owners presented a new proposal.
Fehr told the media following their 30-minute afternoon session, as Renaud Lavoie of RDS shares, “We got another proposal from the league. Came back today and we want to work on it tonight and in the morning.”
Fehr says the proposal is “different in some respects” but would not clarify what was different. We’ll likely find out later tonight or tomorrow.
There will be more players in New York City for tomorrow’s session. Perhaps both sides are starting to buckle down a bit with a September 15 deadline looming before a lockout.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)