Aug 28, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
After the two sides met earlier, they reconvened after a four-hour break that saw Donald and Steve Fehr meet up with some of the players to discuss what went down this morning. What made things special today? The owners presented a new proposal.
Fehr told the media following their 30-minute afternoon session, as Renaud Lavoie of RDS shares, “We got another proposal from the league. Came back today and we want to work on it tonight and in the morning.”
Fehr says the proposal is “different in some respects” but would not clarify what was different. We’ll likely find out later tonight or tomorrow.
There will be more players in New York City for tomorrow’s session. Perhaps both sides are starting to buckle down a bit with a September 15 deadline looming before a lockout.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)