Aug 28, 2012, 3:39 PM EDT
Loui Eriksson is a guy you could say is Dallas’ best player no one knows about. Now that the Stars have elder statesmen like Jaromir Jagr and Ray Whitney in town, his low-profile status might not be so low anymore.
“I’ve played with Benn before, but Jagr is a totally different person to play with. It would be awesome to play with a player like Jagr,” Eriksson said. “He can teach me a lot. He’s played in the NHL a long time and everyone knows how good he is. It’s going to be fun to see how he is in practice and then play with him in games.”
The one thing Eriksson has down over Jagr is a strong defensive game to go with his offensive skills. Perhaps the ever not-so defensive Jagr can learn a little from the underrated Swedish star.
Still, if Eriksson picks up any tips from Jagr the way Claude Giroux seemed to in Philly, the Stars are going to score a lot of goals.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)