Aug 28, 2012, 3:39 PM EDT
Loui Eriksson is a guy you could say is Dallas’ best player no one knows about. Now that the Stars have elder statesmen like Jaromir Jagr and Ray Whitney in town, his low-profile status might not be so low anymore.
“I’ve played with Benn before, but Jagr is a totally different person to play with. It would be awesome to play with a player like Jagr,” Eriksson said. “He can teach me a lot. He’s played in the NHL a long time and everyone knows how good he is. It’s going to be fun to see how he is in practice and then play with him in games.”
The one thing Eriksson has down over Jagr is a strong defensive game to go with his offensive skills. Perhaps the ever not-so defensive Jagr can learn a little from the underrated Swedish star.
Still, if Eriksson picks up any tips from Jagr the way Claude Giroux seemed to in Philly, the Stars are going to score a lot of goals.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 36
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 2
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 18
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13