Aug 28, 2012, 3:39 PM EDT
Loui Eriksson is a guy you could say is Dallas’ best player no one knows about. Now that the Stars have elder statesmen like Jaromir Jagr and Ray Whitney in town, his low-profile status might not be so low anymore.
“I’ve played with Benn before, but Jagr is a totally different person to play with. It would be awesome to play with a player like Jagr,” Eriksson said. “He can teach me a lot. He’s played in the NHL a long time and everyone knows how good he is. It’s going to be fun to see how he is in practice and then play with him in games.”
The one thing Eriksson has down over Jagr is a strong defensive game to go with his offensive skills. Perhaps the ever not-so defensive Jagr can learn a little from the underrated Swedish star.
Still, if Eriksson picks up any tips from Jagr the way Claude Giroux seemed to in Philly, the Stars are going to score a lot of goals.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5