Aug 28, 2012, 3:39 PM EDT
Loui Eriksson is a guy you could say is Dallas’ best player no one knows about. Now that the Stars have elder statesmen like Jaromir Jagr and Ray Whitney in town, his low-profile status might not be so low anymore.
“I’ve played with Benn before, but Jagr is a totally different person to play with. It would be awesome to play with a player like Jagr,” Eriksson said. “He can teach me a lot. He’s played in the NHL a long time and everyone knows how good he is. It’s going to be fun to see how he is in practice and then play with him in games.”
The one thing Eriksson has down over Jagr is a strong defensive game to go with his offensive skills. Perhaps the ever not-so defensive Jagr can learn a little from the underrated Swedish star.
Still, if Eriksson picks up any tips from Jagr the way Claude Giroux seemed to in Philly, the Stars are going to score a lot of goals.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)