Aug 27, 2012, 2:05 PM EDT
Canucks goalie Eddie Lack is the guy slated to be the future backup to Cory Schneider and now he’s got at least two more years to lock it down.
The team announced they’ve re-signed Lack to a two-year contract to throw his hat in Vancouver’s goalie rodeo. TSN’s Darren Dreger tweets the deal is worth $650,000 ($85,000 in the AHL) in the first year and $850,000 next year.
The one issue here is Roberto Luongo is still on the team. Lack’s two-way deal in the first year a nice way to keep up appearances that the Canucks could still start next season with both Luongo and Schneider. That’s probably not going to happen but if GM Mike Gillis doesn’t get the deal he’s looking for from Florida or Toronto or Chicago, things might get awkward in Vancouver.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 13
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 46
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)