Aug 27, 2012, 2:05 PM EST
Canucks goalie Eddie Lack is the guy slated to be the future backup to Cory Schneider and now he’s got at least two more years to lock it down.
The team announced they’ve re-signed Lack to a two-year contract to throw his hat in Vancouver’s goalie rodeo. TSN’s Darren Dreger tweets the deal is worth $650,000 ($85,000 in the AHL) in the first year and $850,000 next year.
The one issue here is Roberto Luongo is still on the team. Lack’s two-way deal in the first year a nice way to keep up appearances that the Canucks could still start next season with both Luongo and Schneider. That’s probably not going to happen but if GM Mike Gillis doesn’t get the deal he’s looking for from Florida or Toronto or Chicago, things might get awkward in Vancouver.
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 35
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)