Aug 27, 2012, 2:05 PM EDT
Canucks goalie Eddie Lack is the guy slated to be the future backup to Cory Schneider and now he’s got at least two more years to lock it down.
The team announced they’ve re-signed Lack to a two-year contract to throw his hat in Vancouver’s goalie rodeo. TSN’s Darren Dreger tweets the deal is worth $650,000 ($85,000 in the AHL) in the first year and $850,000 next year.
The one issue here is Roberto Luongo is still on the team. Lack’s two-way deal in the first year a nice way to keep up appearances that the Canucks could still start next season with both Luongo and Schneider. That’s probably not going to happen but if GM Mike Gillis doesn’t get the deal he’s looking for from Florida or Toronto or Chicago, things might get awkward in Vancouver.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)