Aug 27, 2012, 2:05 PM EDT
Canucks goalie Eddie Lack is the guy slated to be the future backup to Cory Schneider and now he’s got at least two more years to lock it down.
The team announced they’ve re-signed Lack to a two-year contract to throw his hat in Vancouver’s goalie rodeo. TSN’s Darren Dreger tweets the deal is worth $650,000 ($85,000 in the AHL) in the first year and $850,000 next year.
The one issue here is Roberto Luongo is still on the team. Lack’s two-way deal in the first year a nice way to keep up appearances that the Canucks could still start next season with both Luongo and Schneider. That’s probably not going to happen but if GM Mike Gillis doesn’t get the deal he’s looking for from Florida or Toronto or Chicago, things might get awkward in Vancouver.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)