Aug 27, 2012, 2:05 PM EDT
Canucks goalie Eddie Lack is the guy slated to be the future backup to Cory Schneider and now he’s got at least two more years to lock it down.
The team announced they’ve re-signed Lack to a two-year contract to throw his hat in Vancouver’s goalie rodeo. TSN’s Darren Dreger tweets the deal is worth $650,000 ($85,000 in the AHL) in the first year and $850,000 next year.
The one issue here is Roberto Luongo is still on the team. Lack’s two-way deal in the first year a nice way to keep up appearances that the Canucks could still start next season with both Luongo and Schneider. That’s probably not going to happen but if GM Mike Gillis doesn’t get the deal he’s looking for from Florida or Toronto or Chicago, things might get awkward in Vancouver.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)