Aug 27, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
There’s been some talk about what players might end up doing in case there’s a long lockout. Playing in Europe, aside from Sweden, is a tantalizing option for many players, but for many of the Nashville Predators it’s not looking like a popular move.
Jeremy Gover at Cellblock 303 heard from a few Predators players and it’s shaping up that going to the AHL or just sitting at home makes for a better option for them.
Defenseman Kevin Klein says sticking together in the offseason, even one extended by a work stoppage, helps the team in the long run.
“I’m sure there will be lots of guys who don’t go to Europe,” Klein said. “I would imagine guys will just stay around here. If you’ve got a core group that you can play hard with and train hard with, you won’t lose too much of a step.”
When you think about it, it makes sense especially when playing across the pond is more of a solution in case the lockout threatens a season being played at all. Most people on both sides aren’t anticipating that happening, thankfully, but you wonder if opinions will change should things drag into 2013.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)