Aug 27, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
There’s been some talk about what players might end up doing in case there’s a long lockout. Playing in Europe, aside from Sweden, is a tantalizing option for many players, but for many of the Nashville Predators it’s not looking like a popular move.
Jeremy Gover at Cellblock 303 heard from a few Predators players and it’s shaping up that going to the AHL or just sitting at home makes for a better option for them.
Defenseman Kevin Klein says sticking together in the offseason, even one extended by a work stoppage, helps the team in the long run.
“I’m sure there will be lots of guys who don’t go to Europe,” Klein said. “I would imagine guys will just stay around here. If you’ve got a core group that you can play hard with and train hard with, you won’t lose too much of a step.”
When you think about it, it makes sense especially when playing across the pond is more of a solution in case the lockout threatens a season being played at all. Most people on both sides aren’t anticipating that happening, thankfully, but you wonder if opinions will change should things drag into 2013.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 6
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 10
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 36
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)