Aug 27, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
There’s been some talk about what players might end up doing in case there’s a long lockout. Playing in Europe, aside from Sweden, is a tantalizing option for many players, but for many of the Nashville Predators it’s not looking like a popular move.
Jeremy Gover at Cellblock 303 heard from a few Predators players and it’s shaping up that going to the AHL or just sitting at home makes for a better option for them.
Defenseman Kevin Klein says sticking together in the offseason, even one extended by a work stoppage, helps the team in the long run.
“I’m sure there will be lots of guys who don’t go to Europe,” Klein said. “I would imagine guys will just stay around here. If you’ve got a core group that you can play hard with and train hard with, you won’t lose too much of a step.”
When you think about it, it makes sense especially when playing across the pond is more of a solution in case the lockout threatens a season being played at all. Most people on both sides aren’t anticipating that happening, thankfully, but you wonder if opinions will change should things drag into 2013.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)