Aug 27, 2012, 11:29 AM EST
There’s been some talk about what players might end up doing in case there’s a long lockout. Playing in Europe, aside from Sweden, is a tantalizing option for many players, but for many of the Nashville Predators it’s not looking like a popular move.
Jeremy Gover at Cellblock 303 heard from a few Predators players and it’s shaping up that going to the AHL or just sitting at home makes for a better option for them.
Defenseman Kevin Klein says sticking together in the offseason, even one extended by a work stoppage, helps the team in the long run.
“I’m sure there will be lots of guys who don’t go to Europe,” Klein said. “I would imagine guys will just stay around here. If you’ve got a core group that you can play hard with and train hard with, you won’t lose too much of a step.”
When you think about it, it makes sense especially when playing across the pond is more of a solution in case the lockout threatens a season being played at all. Most people on both sides aren’t anticipating that happening, thankfully, but you wonder if opinions will change should things drag into 2013.
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 71
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 2
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 19
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 29
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (71)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)