Aug 27, 2012, 1:02 PM EDT
Since it’s still summer and August is always a bummer for hockey news, even when there isn’t labor strife, that means we get to share with you the beauty of technology.
In this case it’s the brand new high-definition scoreboard Columbus Blue Jackets fans will get to gaze upon at Nationwide Arena. As Rob Mixer from the Blue Jackets’ website tells us, it’s part of the “Dispatch Media Center” and also includes six smaller screens along the arena’s back wall to provide stats and other information.
It’s an impressive step-up and comes just in time for the 2013 NHL All-Star Game that the team and city hope will still occur.
Here’s video of what it all looks like. Here’s to hoping they have these things cannon-blast protected.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 0
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 0
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 12
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 14
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 10
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 11
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)