Aug 27, 2012, 1:02 PM EDT
Since it’s still summer and August is always a bummer for hockey news, even when there isn’t labor strife, that means we get to share with you the beauty of technology.
In this case it’s the brand new high-definition scoreboard Columbus Blue Jackets fans will get to gaze upon at Nationwide Arena. As Rob Mixer from the Blue Jackets’ website tells us, it’s part of the “Dispatch Media Center” and also includes six smaller screens along the arena’s back wall to provide stats and other information.
It’s an impressive step-up and comes just in time for the 2013 NHL All-Star Game that the team and city hope will still occur.
Here’s video of what it all looks like. Here’s to hoping they have these things cannon-blast protected.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)