Aug 27, 2012, 1:02 PM EST
Since it’s still summer and August is always a bummer for hockey news, even when there isn’t labor strife, that means we get to share with you the beauty of technology.
In this case it’s the brand new high-definition scoreboard Columbus Blue Jackets fans will get to gaze upon at Nationwide Arena. As Rob Mixer from the Blue Jackets’ website tells us, it’s part of the “Dispatch Media Center” and also includes six smaller screens along the arena’s back wall to provide stats and other information.
It’s an impressive step-up and comes just in time for the 2013 NHL All-Star Game that the team and city hope will still occur.
Here’s video of what it all looks like. Here’s to hoping they have these things cannon-blast protected.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 5
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 27
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 8
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27