Aug 27, 2012, 1:02 PM EDT
Since it’s still summer and August is always a bummer for hockey news, even when there isn’t labor strife, that means we get to share with you the beauty of technology.
In this case it’s the brand new high-definition scoreboard Columbus Blue Jackets fans will get to gaze upon at Nationwide Arena. As Rob Mixer from the Blue Jackets’ website tells us, it’s part of the “Dispatch Media Center” and also includes six smaller screens along the arena’s back wall to provide stats and other information.
It’s an impressive step-up and comes just in time for the 2013 NHL All-Star Game that the team and city hope will still occur.
Here’s video of what it all looks like. Here’s to hoping they have these things cannon-blast protected.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)