Aug 27, 2012, 1:02 PM EST
Since it’s still summer and August is always a bummer for hockey news, even when there isn’t labor strife, that means we get to share with you the beauty of technology.
In this case it’s the brand new high-definition scoreboard Columbus Blue Jackets fans will get to gaze upon at Nationwide Arena. As Rob Mixer from the Blue Jackets’ website tells us, it’s part of the “Dispatch Media Center” and also includes six smaller screens along the arena’s back wall to provide stats and other information.
It’s an impressive step-up and comes just in time for the 2013 NHL All-Star Game that the team and city hope will still occur.
Here’s video of what it all looks like. Here’s to hoping they have these things cannon-blast protected.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 47
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11