Aug 26, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Just one problem — uncertainty surrounding the CBA.
More, from Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News:
Ennis enters the season as Buffalo’s No. 1 center but missed 34 games last year and is unlikely to get a massive jump from the $875,000 he made last season. Regier said he expects to speak again with the Ennis camp this week.
“I realize there’s one eye on these negotiations and there’s one eye on the CBA from both sides,” [Sabers GM Darcy] Regier said. “But we’ll revisit it again and hopefully keep moving towards a settlement.”
Ennis is in a similar boat with fellow RFAs P.K. Subban, John Carlson, Michael Del Zotto, Evander Kane, Ryan O’Reilly and Jamie Benn. All are without deals heading into the Sept. 15 CBA expiration date, though most are expected to make a significant raise upon their entry-level deals.
Kane is rumored to have received a six-year, $29 million deal from the Jets while O’Reilly reportedly has a three-year deal on the table from Colorado, believed to be worth $3 to $4.5 million annually.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 7
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 34
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 147
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (147)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)