Aug 26, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Just one problem — uncertainty surrounding the CBA.
More, from Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News:
Ennis enters the season as Buffalo’s No. 1 center but missed 34 games last year and is unlikely to get a massive jump from the $875,000 he made last season. Regier said he expects to speak again with the Ennis camp this week.
“I realize there’s one eye on these negotiations and there’s one eye on the CBA from both sides,” [Sabers GM Darcy] Regier said. “But we’ll revisit it again and hopefully keep moving towards a settlement.”
Ennis is in a similar boat with fellow RFAs P.K. Subban, John Carlson, Michael Del Zotto, Evander Kane, Ryan O’Reilly and Jamie Benn. All are without deals heading into the Sept. 15 CBA expiration date, though most are expected to make a significant raise upon their entry-level deals.
Kane is rumored to have received a six-year, $29 million deal from the Jets while O’Reilly reportedly has a three-year deal on the table from Colorado, believed to be worth $3 to $4.5 million annually.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)