Aug 26, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Just one problem — uncertainty surrounding the CBA.
More, from Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News:
Ennis enters the season as Buffalo’s No. 1 center but missed 34 games last year and is unlikely to get a massive jump from the $875,000 he made last season. Regier said he expects to speak again with the Ennis camp this week.
“I realize there’s one eye on these negotiations and there’s one eye on the CBA from both sides,” [Sabers GM Darcy] Regier said. “But we’ll revisit it again and hopefully keep moving towards a settlement.”
Ennis is in a similar boat with fellow RFAs P.K. Subban, John Carlson, Michael Del Zotto, Evander Kane, Ryan O’Reilly and Jamie Benn. All are without deals heading into the Sept. 15 CBA expiration date, though most are expected to make a significant raise upon their entry-level deals.
Kane is rumored to have received a six-year, $29 million deal from the Jets while O’Reilly reportedly has a three-year deal on the table from Colorado, believed to be worth $3 to $4.5 million annually.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)