Aug 26, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
Just one problem — uncertainty surrounding the CBA.
More, from Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News:
Ennis enters the season as Buffalo’s No. 1 center but missed 34 games last year and is unlikely to get a massive jump from the $875,000 he made last season. Regier said he expects to speak again with the Ennis camp this week.
“I realize there’s one eye on these negotiations and there’s one eye on the CBA from both sides,” [Sabers GM Darcy] Regier said. “But we’ll revisit it again and hopefully keep moving towards a settlement.”
Ennis is in a similar boat with fellow RFAs P.K. Subban, John Carlson, Michael Del Zotto, Evander Kane, Ryan O’Reilly and Jamie Benn. All are without deals heading into the Sept. 15 CBA expiration date, though most are expected to make a significant raise upon their entry-level deals.
Kane is rumored to have received a six-year, $29 million deal from the Jets while O’Reilly reportedly has a three-year deal on the table from Colorado, believed to be worth $3 to $4.5 million annually.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 13
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 29
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 63
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)