Aug 26, 2012, 10:42 PM EDT
As a member of the CHL’s Kamloops Blazers ownership group, Mark Recchi issued a press release in opposition of the potentially Georges Laraque-helmed CHLPA.
That press release included the following statement:
“I believe CHL clubs have always acted in the best interests of the players and I am concerned how a new approach may impact on our ability to continue to do this,” Recchi said.
Laraque went on CJAD 800 to criticize Recchi (and Patrick Roy’s) disapproval of the CHLPA, pointing out that many of the players-turned-owners were once in the NHL’s player association.
Laraque, appearing on CJAD’s The Locker Room on Saturday, says hundreds of former NHL players and junior players have emailed to offer support. But Mark Recchi and Patrick Roy have spoken out against it – a conflict of interest … since they are junior owners.
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 15
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 76
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 67
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (82)