Aug 26, 2012, 10:42 PM EDT
As a member of the CHL’s Kamloops Blazers ownership group, Mark Recchi issued a press release in opposition of the potentially Georges Laraque-helmed CHLPA.
That press release included the following statement:
“I believe CHL clubs have always acted in the best interests of the players and I am concerned how a new approach may impact on our ability to continue to do this,” Recchi said.
Laraque went on CJAD 800 to criticize Recchi (and Patrick Roy’s) disapproval of the CHLPA, pointing out that many of the players-turned-owners were once in the NHL’s player association.
Laraque, appearing on CJAD’s The Locker Room on Saturday, says hundreds of former NHL players and junior players have emailed to offer support. But Mark Recchi and Patrick Roy have spoken out against it – a conflict of interest … since they are junior owners.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 38
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 16
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)