Aug 26, 2012, 10:42 PM EST
As a member of the CHL’s Kamloops Blazers ownership group, Mark Recchi issued a press release in opposition of the potentially Georges Laraque-helmed CHLPA.
That press release included the following statement:
“I believe CHL clubs have always acted in the best interests of the players and I am concerned how a new approach may impact on our ability to continue to do this,” Recchi said.
Laraque went on CJAD 800 to criticize Recchi (and Patrick Roy’s) disapproval of the CHLPA, pointing out that many of the players-turned-owners were once in the NHL’s player association.
Laraque, appearing on CJAD’s The Locker Room on Saturday, says hundreds of former NHL players and junior players have emailed to offer support. But Mark Recchi and Patrick Roy have spoken out against it – a conflict of interest … since they are junior owners.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 13
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 6
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8