Aug 26, 2012, 10:42 PM EDT
As a member of the CHL’s Kamloops Blazers ownership group, Mark Recchi issued a press release in opposition of the potentially Georges Laraque-helmed CHLPA.
That press release included the following statement:
“I believe CHL clubs have always acted in the best interests of the players and I am concerned how a new approach may impact on our ability to continue to do this,” Recchi said.
Laraque went on CJAD 800 to criticize Recchi (and Patrick Roy’s) disapproval of the CHLPA, pointing out that many of the players-turned-owners were once in the NHL’s player association.
Laraque, appearing on CJAD’s The Locker Room on Saturday, says hundreds of former NHL players and junior players have emailed to offer support. But Mark Recchi and Patrick Roy have spoken out against it – a conflict of interest … since they are junior owners.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31