Aug 26, 2012, 10:42 PM EST
As a member of the CHL’s Kamloops Blazers ownership group, Mark Recchi issued a press release in opposition of the potentially Georges Laraque-helmed CHLPA.
That press release included the following statement:
“I believe CHL clubs have always acted in the best interests of the players and I am concerned how a new approach may impact on our ability to continue to do this,” Recchi said.
Laraque went on CJAD 800 to criticize Recchi (and Patrick Roy’s) disapproval of the CHLPA, pointing out that many of the players-turned-owners were once in the NHL’s player association.
Laraque, appearing on CJAD’s The Locker Room on Saturday, says hundreds of former NHL players and junior players have emailed to offer support. But Mark Recchi and Patrick Roy have spoken out against it – a conflict of interest … since they are junior owners.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 1
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 27
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)