Aug 26, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
Plenty of players have said that they’re fully behind Donald Fehr, standing beside him at meetings. But are they really soaking it all in or are their eyes glazing over?
Sean Fitz-Gerald gathers some amusing quotes from players that praise Fehr’s ability to translate dense information to the NHLPA.
Paul “BizNasty” Bissonnette provided some of the most interesting bits.
“As smart as Don is, he does a good job of explaining it in a not-so-smart-kind of way,” Bissonnette said. “He uses simple words, and he’s not going all hardcore lawyer on us.”
“He gave us a lot of information. He’s on the ball. He’s pretty witty. He’s funny. So he keeps us engaged.”
Maxime Talbot explains that Fehr is readying them to stand their ground.
“Don is such a good leader, and has got such a good grasp on things that we listen,” Talbot said. “And when he says we don’t fear a lockout, it’s because we know it’s a process. We’re ready to be patient.”
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)