Aug 26, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
Plenty of players have said that they’re fully behind Donald Fehr, standing beside him at meetings. But are they really soaking it all in or are their eyes glazing over?
Sean Fitz-Gerald gathers some amusing quotes from players that praise Fehr’s ability to translate dense information to the NHLPA.
Paul “BizNasty” Bissonnette provided some of the most interesting bits.
“As smart as Don is, he does a good job of explaining it in a not-so-smart-kind of way,” Bissonnette said. “He uses simple words, and he’s not going all hardcore lawyer on us.”
“He gave us a lot of information. He’s on the ball. He’s pretty witty. He’s funny. So he keeps us engaged.”
Maxime Talbot explains that Fehr is readying them to stand their ground.
“Don is such a good leader, and has got such a good grasp on things that we listen,” Talbot said. “And when he says we don’t fear a lockout, it’s because we know it’s a process. We’re ready to be patient.”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)