Aug 26, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
Plenty of players have said that they’re fully behind Donald Fehr, standing beside him at meetings. But are they really soaking it all in or are their eyes glazing over?
Sean Fitz-Gerald gathers some amusing quotes from players that praise Fehr’s ability to translate dense information to the NHLPA.
Paul “BizNasty” Bissonnette provided some of the most interesting bits.
“As smart as Don is, he does a good job of explaining it in a not-so-smart-kind of way,” Bissonnette said. “He uses simple words, and he’s not going all hardcore lawyer on us.”
“He gave us a lot of information. He’s on the ball. He’s pretty witty. He’s funny. So he keeps us engaged.”
Maxime Talbot explains that Fehr is readying them to stand their ground.
“Don is such a good leader, and has got such a good grasp on things that we listen,” Talbot said. “And when he says we don’t fear a lockout, it’s because we know it’s a process. We’re ready to be patient.”
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 20
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)