Aug 26, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
Plenty of players have said that they’re fully behind Donald Fehr, standing beside him at meetings. But are they really soaking it all in or are their eyes glazing over?
Sean Fitz-Gerald gathers some amusing quotes from players that praise Fehr’s ability to translate dense information to the NHLPA.
Paul “BizNasty” Bissonnette provided some of the most interesting bits.
“As smart as Don is, he does a good job of explaining it in a not-so-smart-kind of way,” Bissonnette said. “He uses simple words, and he’s not going all hardcore lawyer on us.”
“He gave us a lot of information. He’s on the ball. He’s pretty witty. He’s funny. So he keeps us engaged.”
Maxime Talbot explains that Fehr is readying them to stand their ground.
“Don is such a good leader, and has got such a good grasp on things that we listen,” Talbot said. “And when he says we don’t fear a lockout, it’s because we know it’s a process. We’re ready to be patient.”
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year deal 2
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 54
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (54)