Aug 26, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
Here’s TSN’s Darren Dreger with the latest on NHL/NHLPA labor talks:
Small group meeting in NYC on Tues. Bettman, Daly and the Fehr brothers. Eco[nomic] issues the focus. NHL likely to present another proposal.
— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) August 26, 2012
It’ll be interesting to see if the two sides can build any momentum in negotiations. Last week, things essentially stalled to a halt when Wednesday’s bargaining session was cancelled and Thursday’s was cut short.
Following the Thursday meet, both sides told the media there’s still a significant gap between the two in terms of key economic issues — revenue sharing being chief among them — and Fehr upped the ante by saying the players “aren’t afraid of a lockout.”
The current collective bargaining agreement is set to expire on Sept. 15, which is 20 days from now.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)