Aug 26, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Here’s TSN’s Darren Dreger with the latest on NHL/NHLPA labor talks:
Small group meeting in NYC on Tues. Bettman, Daly and the Fehr brothers. Eco[nomic] issues the focus. NHL likely to present another proposal.
— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) August 26, 2012
It’ll be interesting to see if the two sides can build any momentum in negotiations. Last week, things essentially stalled to a halt when Wednesday’s bargaining session was cancelled and Thursday’s was cut short.
Following the Thursday meet, both sides told the media there’s still a significant gap between the two in terms of key economic issues — revenue sharing being chief among them — and Fehr upped the ante by saying the players “aren’t afraid of a lockout.”
The current collective bargaining agreement is set to expire on Sept. 15, which is 20 days from now.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)