Aug 26, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
Here’s TSN’s Darren Dreger with the latest on NHL/NHLPA labor talks:
Small group meeting in NYC on Tues. Bettman, Daly and the Fehr brothers. Eco[nomic] issues the focus. NHL likely to present another proposal.
— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) August 26, 2012
It’ll be interesting to see if the two sides can build any momentum in negotiations. Last week, things essentially stalled to a halt when Wednesday’s bargaining session was cancelled and Thursday’s was cut short.
Following the Thursday meet, both sides told the media there’s still a significant gap between the two in terms of key economic issues — revenue sharing being chief among them — and Fehr upped the ante by saying the players “aren’t afraid of a lockout.”
The current collective bargaining agreement is set to expire on Sept. 15, which is 20 days from now.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)