Aug 26, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
Here’s TSN’s Darren Dreger with the latest on NHL/NHLPA labor talks:
Small group meeting in NYC on Tues. Bettman, Daly and the Fehr brothers. Eco[nomic] issues the focus. NHL likely to present another proposal.
— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) August 26, 2012
It’ll be interesting to see if the two sides can build any momentum in negotiations. Last week, things essentially stalled to a halt when Wednesday’s bargaining session was cancelled and Thursday’s was cut short.
Following the Thursday meet, both sides told the media there’s still a significant gap between the two in terms of key economic issues — revenue sharing being chief among them — and Fehr upped the ante by saying the players “aren’t afraid of a lockout.”
The current collective bargaining agreement is set to expire on Sept. 15, which is 20 days from now.
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 4
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 2
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 19
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45
- Welcome Taylor Hall to the trade rumor mill 53