Aug 25, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley passes along a video interview (and transcribes key quotes) between Neuvirth and Capitals’ Web site reporter Mike Vogel.
“They changed my meaning a lot,” Neuvirth said of the translation. “I was talking about the boys in a good way and they translated the way they wanted. I think they’ve got nothing to write about right now.”
Neuvirth said that Matt Hendricks didn’t believe he said such things, but Neuvirth went out of his way to reach out to Holtby and Ovechkin.
“What they saw isn’t what I said,” Neuvirth said. “… Holtsy told me he didn’t believe that for one second because he knows me for four or five years and he knows I’m not like that. He made me very happy.”
Here’s the full video, with the translation talk starting around the 1:30 mark.
- Hurricanes say Jordan Staal broke a bone in his right leg 0
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)