Aug 25, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley passes along a video interview (and transcribes key quotes) between Neuvirth and Capitals’ Web site reporter Mike Vogel.
“They changed my meaning a lot,” Neuvirth said of the translation. “I was talking about the boys in a good way and they translated the way they wanted. I think they’ve got nothing to write about right now.”
Neuvirth said that Matt Hendricks didn’t believe he said such things, but Neuvirth went out of his way to reach out to Holtby and Ovechkin.
“What they saw isn’t what I said,” Neuvirth said. “… Holtsy told me he didn’t believe that for one second because he knows me for four or five years and he knows I’m not like that. He made me very happy.”
Here’s the full video, with the translation talk starting around the 1:30 mark.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 11
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 28
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 80
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)