Aug 25, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley passes along a video interview (and transcribes key quotes) between Neuvirth and Capitals’ Web site reporter Mike Vogel.
“They changed my meaning a lot,” Neuvirth said of the translation. “I was talking about the boys in a good way and they translated the way they wanted. I think they’ve got nothing to write about right now.”
Neuvirth said that Matt Hendricks didn’t believe he said such things, but Neuvirth went out of his way to reach out to Holtby and Ovechkin.
“What they saw isn’t what I said,” Neuvirth said. “… Holtsy told me he didn’t believe that for one second because he knows me for four or five years and he knows I’m not like that. He made me very happy.”
Here’s the full video, with the translation talk starting around the 1:30 mark.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)