Aug 25, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley passes along a video interview (and transcribes key quotes) between Neuvirth and Capitals’ Web site reporter Mike Vogel.
“They changed my meaning a lot,” Neuvirth said of the translation. “I was talking about the boys in a good way and they translated the way they wanted. I think they’ve got nothing to write about right now.”
Neuvirth said that Matt Hendricks didn’t believe he said such things, but Neuvirth went out of his way to reach out to Holtby and Ovechkin.
“What they saw isn’t what I said,” Neuvirth said. “… Holtsy told me he didn’t believe that for one second because he knows me for four or five years and he knows I’m not like that. He made me very happy.”
Here’s the full video, with the translation talk starting around the 1:30 mark.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7