Aug 25, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley passes along a video interview (and transcribes key quotes) between Neuvirth and Capitals’ Web site reporter Mike Vogel.
“They changed my meaning a lot,” Neuvirth said of the translation. “I was talking about the boys in a good way and they translated the way they wanted. I think they’ve got nothing to write about right now.”
Neuvirth said that Matt Hendricks didn’t believe he said such things, but Neuvirth went out of his way to reach out to Holtby and Ovechkin.
“What they saw isn’t what I said,” Neuvirth said. “… Holtsy told me he didn’t believe that for one second because he knows me for four or five years and he knows I’m not like that. He made me very happy.”
Here’s the full video, with the translation talk starting around the 1:30 mark.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)