Aug 25, 2012, 7:12 PM EDT
New York Islanders forward Brad Boyes faces an intriguing (and high-stakes) career fork in the road.
On the negative side, he went from a $4 million annual cap hit in his previous deal to a $1 million salary for one season in Long Island.
“I’m real excited … he’s a heck of a player,” Boyes said of Tavares. “He definitely stands out. He’s made a great combination with Moulson too. They complement each other very well. To get an opportunity with those guys, I think it’s going to be great. You never know, but I’m looking to fit in with those guys or wherever I fit in. If I do get a chance to play with Tavares, I’m going to take advantage and I’m definitely looking forward to it.”
Things didn’t go well with Buffalo, but Boyes put up some impressive numbers during his time in St. Louis – particularly for a guy making $1 million.
His two standout seasons of 33 and 43 goals included unusually high shooting percentages, yet Boyes’ up-and-down path indicates that he’s a big X-factor for the Isles.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 8
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 35
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)