Aug 24, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
Breathe easy, Oilers fans. Nail Yakupov is going to be okay.
That’s the word out of Edmonton today as the Edmonton Sun reports Yakupov didn’t suffer a leg infection after tumbling on a treadmill, refuting a story that first surfaced on Thursday.
Further refuting that story was Yakupov himself, who took to Twitter to clear the air:
Guys !) I’m ok !))) don’t worry !))))))))))))))
— Наиль Якупов (@Nail10_1993) August 23, 2012
The Sun also revealed the 18-year-old Russian phenom had resumed all normal offseason training and would miss no further ice time.
Yakupov was back in action at Perry Pearn’s 3-on-3 camp today, according to the Oilers website.
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 1
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 4
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 6
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 15
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 42
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 5
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)