Aug 24, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Breathe easy, Oilers fans. Nail Yakupov is going to be okay.
That’s the word out of Edmonton today as the Edmonton Sun reports Yakupov didn’t suffer a leg infection after tumbling on a treadmill, refuting a story that first surfaced on Thursday.
Further refuting that story was Yakupov himself, who took to Twitter to clear the air:
Guys !) I’m ok !))) don’t worry !))))))))))))))
— Наиль Якупов (@Nail10_1993) August 23, 2012
The Sun also revealed the 18-year-old Russian phenom had resumed all normal offseason training and would miss no further ice time.
Yakupov was back in action at Perry Pearn’s 3-on-3 camp today, according to the Oilers website.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)