Aug 24, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
Breathe easy, Oilers fans. Nail Yakupov is going to be okay.
That’s the word out of Edmonton today as the Edmonton Sun reports Yakupov didn’t suffer a leg infection after tumbling on a treadmill, refuting a story that first surfaced on Thursday.
Further refuting that story was Yakupov himself, who took to Twitter to clear the air:
Guys !) I’m ok !))) don’t worry !))))))))))))))
— Наиль Якупов (@Nail10_1993) August 23, 2012
The Sun also revealed the 18-year-old Russian phenom had resumed all normal offseason training and would miss no further ice time.
Yakupov was back in action at Perry Pearn’s 3-on-3 camp today, according to the Oilers website.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 2
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 2
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 59
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 28
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 85
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)