Aug 24, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Breathe easy, Oilers fans. Nail Yakupov is going to be okay.
That’s the word out of Edmonton today as the Edmonton Sun reports Yakupov didn’t suffer a leg infection after tumbling on a treadmill, refuting a story that first surfaced on Thursday.
Further refuting that story was Yakupov himself, who took to Twitter to clear the air:
Guys !) I’m ok !))) don’t worry !))))))))))))))
— Наиль Якупов (@Nail10_1993) August 23, 2012
The Sun also revealed the 18-year-old Russian phenom had resumed all normal offseason training and would miss no further ice time.
Yakupov was back in action at Perry Pearn’s 3-on-3 camp today, according to the Oilers website.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)