Aug 24, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Breathe easy, Oilers fans. Nail Yakupov is going to be okay.
That’s the word out of Edmonton today as the Edmonton Sun reports Yakupov didn’t suffer a leg infection after tumbling on a treadmill, refuting a story that first surfaced on Thursday.
Further refuting that story was Yakupov himself, who took to Twitter to clear the air:
Guys !) I’m ok !))) don’t worry !))))))))))))))
— Наиль Якупов (@Nail10_1993) August 23, 2012
The Sun also revealed the 18-year-old Russian phenom had resumed all normal offseason training and would miss no further ice time.
Yakupov was back in action at Perry Pearn’s 3-on-3 camp today, according to the Oilers website.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)