Aug 24, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
Jeff Carter‘s day with the Stanley Cup probably produces images that, for some, might be surprising – perhaps even embittering.
(Sorry Philadelphia Flyers fans. Extra apologies, Columbus Blue Jackets fans.)
Still, most should get a chuckle out of the sight of the 27-year-old sniper squeezing into a jersey he used to wear when he was seven. Philip “Keeper of the Cup” Pritchard shares that amusing image:
(You can’t quite sing “Fat Guy in a little coat,” but some of the spirit’s there.)
Here’s one with Carter drinking champagne with his father.
For a write-up on Carter’s day with the Cup, click here.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)