Aug 24, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
Jeff Carter‘s day with the Stanley Cup probably produces images that, for some, might be surprising – perhaps even embittering.
(Sorry Philadelphia Flyers fans. Extra apologies, Columbus Blue Jackets fans.)
Still, most should get a chuckle out of the sight of the 27-year-old sniper squeezing into a jersey he used to wear when he was seven. Philip “Keeper of the Cup” Pritchard shares that amusing image:
(You can’t quite sing “Fat Guy in a little coat,” but some of the spirit’s there.)
Here’s one with Carter drinking champagne with his father.
For a write-up on Carter’s day with the Cup, click here.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 11
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 23
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 16
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 30
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)