Aug 24, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
Jeff Carter‘s day with the Stanley Cup probably produces images that, for some, might be surprising – perhaps even embittering.
(Sorry Philadelphia Flyers fans. Extra apologies, Columbus Blue Jackets fans.)
Still, most should get a chuckle out of the sight of the 27-year-old sniper squeezing into a jersey he used to wear when he was seven. Philip “Keeper of the Cup” Pritchard shares that amusing image:
(You can’t quite sing “Fat Guy in a little coat,” but some of the spirit’s there.)
Here’s one with Carter drinking champagne with his father.
For a write-up on Carter’s day with the Cup, click here.
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 3
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 10
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 31
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)