Aug 24, 2012, 9:00 PM EST
Jeff Carter‘s day with the Stanley Cup probably produces images that, for some, might be surprising – perhaps even embittering.
(Sorry Philadelphia Flyers fans. Extra apologies, Columbus Blue Jackets fans.)
Still, most should get a chuckle out of the sight of the 27-year-old sniper squeezing into a jersey he used to wear when he was seven. Philip “Keeper of the Cup” Pritchard shares that amusing image:
(You can’t quite sing “Fat Guy in a little coat,” but some of the spirit’s there.)
Here’s one with Carter drinking champagne with his father.
For a write-up on Carter’s day with the Cup, click here.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 39
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)