Aug 23, 2012, 11:24 AM EDT
It wasn’t a long meeting between the NHL and NHLPA this morning in Toronto, with the two sides reportedly breaking off CBA negotiations before 11 a.m. ET.
Now, it should be noted that the NHLPA has a regional meeting today in Toronto after lunch, so this wasn’t unexpected.
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and NHLPA chief Donald Fehr will address the media shortly.
To catch up on yesterday’s CBA proceedings, click here.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)