Aug 22, 2012, 2:11 PM EST
Well, so much for today being the day the NHL and NHLPA got down to some serious negotiating.
Turns out the scheduled bargaining session has been canceled.
According to Canadian Press sources, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, along with deputy commissioner Bill Daly, met with NHLPA chief Donald Fehr and union No. 2 Steve Fehr for two hours this morning in Toronto. It was then decided to postpone further talks until Thursday.
It’s not clear why today’s talks were canceled.
We suppose it’s possible the four top guns got together, made some headway, and chose to go back to their respective corners for further strategizing.
Of course, it’s also possible they made zero headway and felt this afternoon’s meetings would be a huge waste of time.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)