Aug 22, 2012, 2:11 PM EST
Well, so much for today being the day the NHL and NHLPA got down to some serious negotiating.
Turns out the scheduled bargaining session has been canceled.
According to Canadian Press sources, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, along with deputy commissioner Bill Daly, met with NHLPA chief Donald Fehr and union No. 2 Steve Fehr for two hours this morning in Toronto. It was then decided to postpone further talks until Thursday.
It’s not clear why today’s talks were canceled.
We suppose it’s possible the four top guns got together, made some headway, and chose to go back to their respective corners for further strategizing.
Of course, it’s also possible they made zero headway and felt this afternoon’s meetings would be a huge waste of time.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 16
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 63
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (69)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)