Aug 22, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
NHL players, coaches, general managers and officials began a two-day “rules summit” on Tuesday.
Phoenix Coyotes bench boss Dave Tippett provided NHL.com positive feedback regarding yesterday’s five-hour meeting.
“It was a very constructive meeting,” Tippett added. “Is there anything earth-shattering coming out of it? Probably not, but it really continues to give everybody ideas on how we can improve our game. It’s a great game already, but we just always want to try to improve.”
Dan Rosen reports that attendees included:
- Six players: Steven Stamkos, James Neal, Jason Spezza, Mike Cammalleri, Kevin Bieksa and John-Michael Liles. NHLPA reps Mathieu Schneider and Rob Zamuner were also on hand.
- Five coaches: Tippett, Claude Julien, Joel Quenneville, Barry Trotz and Adam Oates.
- Four general managers: Lou Lamoriello, Darcy Regier, Ray Shero and Steve Yzerman.
Today’s three-hour meeting sets out to review what was discussed and come to conclusions – if any – about rule changes, according to Rosen.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 13
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 37
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 7
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)