Aug 22, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
NHL players, coaches, general managers and officials began a two-day “rules summit” on Tuesday.
Phoenix Coyotes bench boss Dave Tippett provided NHL.com positive feedback regarding yesterday’s five-hour meeting.
“It was a very constructive meeting,” Tippett added. “Is there anything earth-shattering coming out of it? Probably not, but it really continues to give everybody ideas on how we can improve our game. It’s a great game already, but we just always want to try to improve.”
Dan Rosen reports that attendees included:
- Six players: Steven Stamkos, James Neal, Jason Spezza, Mike Cammalleri, Kevin Bieksa and John-Michael Liles. NHLPA reps Mathieu Schneider and Rob Zamuner were also on hand.
- Five coaches: Tippett, Claude Julien, Joel Quenneville, Barry Trotz and Adam Oates.
- Four general managers: Lou Lamoriello, Darcy Regier, Ray Shero and Steve Yzerman.
Today’s three-hour meeting sets out to review what was discussed and come to conclusions – if any – about rule changes, according to Rosen.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)