Aug 22, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
NHL players, coaches, general managers and officials began a two-day “rules summit” on Tuesday.
Phoenix Coyotes bench boss Dave Tippett provided NHL.com positive feedback regarding yesterday’s five-hour meeting.
“It was a very constructive meeting,” Tippett added. “Is there anything earth-shattering coming out of it? Probably not, but it really continues to give everybody ideas on how we can improve our game. It’s a great game already, but we just always want to try to improve.”
Dan Rosen reports that attendees included:
- Six players: Steven Stamkos, James Neal, Jason Spezza, Mike Cammalleri, Kevin Bieksa and John-Michael Liles. NHLPA reps Mathieu Schneider and Rob Zamuner were also on hand.
- Five coaches: Tippett, Claude Julien, Joel Quenneville, Barry Trotz and Adam Oates.
- Four general managers: Lou Lamoriello, Darcy Regier, Ray Shero and Steve Yzerman.
Today’s three-hour meeting sets out to review what was discussed and come to conclusions – if any – about rule changes, according to Rosen.
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 2
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 29
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)