Aug 22, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
NHL players, coaches, general managers and officials began a two-day “rules summit” on Tuesday.
Phoenix Coyotes bench boss Dave Tippett provided NHL.com positive feedback regarding yesterday’s five-hour meeting.
“It was a very constructive meeting,” Tippett added. “Is there anything earth-shattering coming out of it? Probably not, but it really continues to give everybody ideas on how we can improve our game. It’s a great game already, but we just always want to try to improve.”
Dan Rosen reports that attendees included:
- Six players: Steven Stamkos, James Neal, Jason Spezza, Mike Cammalleri, Kevin Bieksa and John-Michael Liles. NHLPA reps Mathieu Schneider and Rob Zamuner were also on hand.
- Five coaches: Tippett, Claude Julien, Joel Quenneville, Barry Trotz and Adam Oates.
- Four general managers: Lou Lamoriello, Darcy Regier, Ray Shero and Steve Yzerman.
Today’s three-hour meeting sets out to review what was discussed and come to conclusions – if any – about rule changes, according to Rosen.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 14
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 14
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (43)