Aug 22, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
NHL players, coaches, general managers and officials began a two-day “rules summit” on Tuesday.
Phoenix Coyotes bench boss Dave Tippett provided NHL.com positive feedback regarding yesterday’s five-hour meeting.
“It was a very constructive meeting,” Tippett added. “Is there anything earth-shattering coming out of it? Probably not, but it really continues to give everybody ideas on how we can improve our game. It’s a great game already, but we just always want to try to improve.”
Dan Rosen reports that attendees included:
- Six players: Steven Stamkos, James Neal, Jason Spezza, Mike Cammalleri, Kevin Bieksa and John-Michael Liles. NHLPA reps Mathieu Schneider and Rob Zamuner were also on hand.
- Five coaches: Tippett, Claude Julien, Joel Quenneville, Barry Trotz and Adam Oates.
- Four general managers: Lou Lamoriello, Darcy Regier, Ray Shero and Steve Yzerman.
Today’s three-hour meeting sets out to review what was discussed and come to conclusions – if any – about rule changes, according to Rosen.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54