Aug 22, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
You might’ve heard that the NHL is holding a two-day summit in Toronto to discuss the standards of rule enforcement, with specific attention being paid to hooking, holding, slashing, and interference.
Basically, if you’ve ever complained about inconsistent officiating, you’ll want to know what comes of these meetings. Which is to say, everyone will want to know what comes of these meetings.
The first day of the summit was Tuesday; the second is taking place today.
Attendees include players, coaches, referees and general managers.
According to the Winnipeg Free Press, yesterday’s discussions also touched on embellishment.
While we wait for today’s meetings to wrap up, let’s take a quick poll to see where everyone’s main concerns lie with respect to what’s being discussed in Toronto.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 7
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 32
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6