Aug 22, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
You might’ve heard that the NHL is holding a two-day summit in Toronto to discuss the standards of rule enforcement, with specific attention being paid to hooking, holding, slashing, and interference.
Basically, if you’ve ever complained about inconsistent officiating, you’ll want to know what comes of these meetings. Which is to say, everyone will want to know what comes of these meetings.
The first day of the summit was Tuesday; the second is taking place today.
Attendees include players, coaches, referees and general managers.
According to the Winnipeg Free Press, yesterday’s discussions also touched on embellishment.
While we wait for today’s meetings to wrap up, let’s take a quick poll to see where everyone’s main concerns lie with respect to what’s being discussed in Toronto.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)