Aug 22, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
You might’ve heard that the NHL is holding a two-day summit in Toronto to discuss the standards of rule enforcement, with specific attention being paid to hooking, holding, slashing, and interference.
Basically, if you’ve ever complained about inconsistent officiating, you’ll want to know what comes of these meetings. Which is to say, everyone will want to know what comes of these meetings.
The first day of the summit was Tuesday; the second is taking place today.
Attendees include players, coaches, referees and general managers.
According to the Winnipeg Free Press, yesterday’s discussions also touched on embellishment.
While we wait for today’s meetings to wrap up, let’s take a quick poll to see where everyone’s main concerns lie with respect to what’s being discussed in Toronto.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5