Aug 21, 2012, 8:40 PM EDT
Rishaug says that while Hall is “very close” to completing an extension, Eberle’s talks are merely “ongoing.”
Meanwhile negotiations continue with Eberle's camp. Wouldn't classify as close, but certainly ongoing at this point. #tsn—
Ryan Rishaug (@TSNRyanRishaug) August 21, 2012
Rishaug believes that the two contracts could end up being similar, even if the parties aren’t negotiating together and employ different agents.
Willis explains why Eberle might have more negotiating power, even if he isn’t on the team’s growing list of first overall draft picks.
While the debate continues as to whether Hall or Eberle is going to be the superior player over the long haul, Eberle likely has the most leverage at this point. A breakthrough 2010-11 campaign saw him score 34 times and record a total of 76 points; he was the fourth-leading scorer in the Western Conference.
The Oilers haven’t benefited from those high-end picks in the standings yet, but they’ll need to pay up soon all the same.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 41
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 4
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 28
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 14
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 73
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination