Aug 21, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
EA Sports rolled out the NHL 13 demo on Xbox Live and Playstation Network today.
(Unless you have a PS3 in Europe. Then you’ll need to wait until Wednesday.)
The demo includes four playable modes.
- “Play Now” is the basic team vs. team mode. In the case of the demo, players can choose to control the Los Angeles Kings or New Jersey Devils.
- “Hockey Ultimate Team” allows players to put together teams in a card-collecting style.
- The new “Moments Live” mode recreates events from last season. In the case of the demo, you need to lead the Kings beyond the Phoenix Coyotes in overtime, although you don’t need to score with Dustin Penner.
- There’s also a “free skate” mode.
Here’s EA’s promo video for the demo:
In case you’re wondering, the song is “Run with me” by Classified.
How do you feel about the demo?
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)