Aug 21, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
EA Sports rolled out the NHL 13 demo on Xbox Live and Playstation Network today.
(Unless you have a PS3 in Europe. Then you’ll need to wait until Wednesday.)
The demo includes four playable modes.
- “Play Now” is the basic team vs. team mode. In the case of the demo, players can choose to control the Los Angeles Kings or New Jersey Devils.
- “Hockey Ultimate Team” allows players to put together teams in a card-collecting style.
- The new “Moments Live” mode recreates events from last season. In the case of the demo, you need to lead the Kings beyond the Phoenix Coyotes in overtime, although you don’t need to score with Dustin Penner.
- There’s also a “free skate” mode.
Here’s EA’s promo video for the demo:
In case you’re wondering, the song is “Run with me” by Classified.
How do you feel about the demo?
- Video: Filppula, Stamkos score two big goals for Bolts 0
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 7
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 28
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 54
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)