Aug 21, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
EA Sports rolled out the NHL 13 demo on Xbox Live and Playstation Network today.
(Unless you have a PS3 in Europe. Then you’ll need to wait until Wednesday.)
The demo includes four playable modes.
- “Play Now” is the basic team vs. team mode. In the case of the demo, players can choose to control the Los Angeles Kings or New Jersey Devils.
- “Hockey Ultimate Team” allows players to put together teams in a card-collecting style.
- The new “Moments Live” mode recreates events from last season. In the case of the demo, you need to lead the Kings beyond the Phoenix Coyotes in overtime, although you don’t need to score with Dustin Penner.
- There’s also a “free skate” mode.
Here’s EA’s promo video for the demo:
In case you’re wondering, the song is “Run with me” by Classified.
How do you feel about the demo?
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)