Aug 21, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Would you believe there are some who think he wasn’t paid enough?
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio heard from one anonymous agent who believes Hartnell signed for less than he was worth.
“Everyone is asking what the [bleep] he just did,” said one agent.
Hartnell got a slight raise based on his cap hit this year ($4.2 million) and after scoring 37 goals last season, you could argue he’s worth more than a $550,000 per year raise. Then again, it seems obvious Hartnell sacrificed money for years. Getting security is a good thing.
Of course, we’re in the midst of a contentious labor negotiation and seeing a player not get as much money as he’s capable of will drive agents crazy. Besides, it’s not as if the Flyers haven’t been trying to spend tons of money this summer.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)