Aug 21, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Would you believe there are some who think he wasn’t paid enough?
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio heard from one anonymous agent who believes Hartnell signed for less than he was worth.
“Everyone is asking what the [bleep] he just did,” said one agent.
Hartnell got a slight raise based on his cap hit this year ($4.2 million) and after scoring 37 goals last season, you could argue he’s worth more than a $550,000 per year raise. Then again, it seems obvious Hartnell sacrificed money for years. Getting security is a good thing.
Of course, we’re in the midst of a contentious labor negotiation and seeing a player not get as much money as he’s capable of will drive agents crazy. Besides, it’s not as if the Flyers haven’t been trying to spend tons of money this summer.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)