Aug 21, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Would you believe there are some who think he wasn’t paid enough?
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio heard from one anonymous agent who believes Hartnell signed for less than he was worth.
“Everyone is asking what the [bleep] he just did,” said one agent.
Hartnell got a slight raise based on his cap hit this year ($4.2 million) and after scoring 37 goals last season, you could argue he’s worth more than a $550,000 per year raise. Then again, it seems obvious Hartnell sacrificed money for years. Getting security is a good thing.
Of course, we’re in the midst of a contentious labor negotiation and seeing a player not get as much money as he’s capable of will drive agents crazy. Besides, it’s not as if the Flyers haven’t been trying to spend tons of money this summer.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40