Aug 21, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Would you believe there are some who think he wasn’t paid enough?
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio heard from one anonymous agent who believes Hartnell signed for less than he was worth.
“Everyone is asking what the [bleep] he just did,” said one agent.
Hartnell got a slight raise based on his cap hit this year ($4.2 million) and after scoring 37 goals last season, you could argue he’s worth more than a $550,000 per year raise. Then again, it seems obvious Hartnell sacrificed money for years. Getting security is a good thing.
Of course, we’re in the midst of a contentious labor negotiation and seeing a player not get as much money as he’s capable of will drive agents crazy. Besides, it’s not as if the Flyers haven’t been trying to spend tons of money this summer.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)