Aug 21, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Would you believe there are some who think he wasn’t paid enough?
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio heard from one anonymous agent who believes Hartnell signed for less than he was worth.
“Everyone is asking what the [bleep] he just did,” said one agent.
Hartnell got a slight raise based on his cap hit this year ($4.2 million) and after scoring 37 goals last season, you could argue he’s worth more than a $550,000 per year raise. Then again, it seems obvious Hartnell sacrificed money for years. Getting security is a good thing.
Of course, we’re in the midst of a contentious labor negotiation and seeing a player not get as much money as he’s capable of will drive agents crazy. Besides, it’s not as if the Flyers haven’t been trying to spend tons of money this summer.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)