Aug 20, 2012, 8:26 PM EDT
Fisher is in the final year of a contract with an annual cap hit of $4.2 million, so apparently that’s the magic number for Mr. Carrie Underwood (or a very good two-way center, if you want to be fair).
Gover also points out that Fisher’s salary next season is $3 million, quite a bit less than his cap hit. That’s certainly relevant since Shea Weber‘s signing bonus towers over the team’s finances.
(Not to mention Pekka Rinne‘s raise.)
Gover captures Fisher’s impact since the Predators acquired him via a trade in 2010-11:
Fisher was third on the team in scoring last year with 51 points, battled back-and-forth during the month of March with Patric Hornqvist for the team lead in goals, came just three points shy of a new career high and is considered one of the leaders both on and off the ice. Since coming over in a trade from the Ottawa Senators in February 2011, he has 63 points in 99 games.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 2
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 14
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9