Aug 20, 2012, 11:36 PM EST
It’s common for professional athletes to bribe their teammates into giving them their preferred jersey numbers, but that’s not as easy with a rookie maximum.
(Six plus four equals 10, you see?)
Some Oilers fans might shudder at a prominent No. 1 pick wearing No. 64 considering Jason Bonsignore’s disappointing career.
@JoeYerdonPHT N64 is a much more fitting nickname than J64 though :)—
Ryan Lim (@realryanlim) August 20, 2012
N64 does have a pretty good ring to it.
Wild guess: Yakupov has a better chance of being familiar with the system that brought us “Goldeneye” than Bonsignore’s time with the Oil.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 38
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 81
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)