Aug 20, 2012, 11:36 PM EDT
It’s common for professional athletes to bribe their teammates into giving them their preferred jersey numbers, but that’s not as easy with a rookie maximum.
(Six plus four equals 10, you see?)
Some Oilers fans might shudder at a prominent No. 1 pick wearing No. 64 considering Jason Bonsignore’s disappointing career.
@JoeYerdonPHT N64 is a much more fitting nickname than J64 though :)—
Ryan Lim (@realryanlim) August 20, 2012
N64 does have a pretty good ring to it.
Wild guess: Yakupov has a better chance of being familiar with the system that brought us “Goldeneye” than Bonsignore’s time with the Oil.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 8
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 8
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 25
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 40
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (41)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)