Aug 20, 2012, 11:36 PM EDT
It’s common for professional athletes to bribe their teammates into giving them their preferred jersey numbers, but that’s not as easy with a rookie maximum.
(Six plus four equals 10, you see?)
Some Oilers fans might shudder at a prominent No. 1 pick wearing No. 64 considering Jason Bonsignore’s disappointing career.
@JoeYerdonPHT N64 is a much more fitting nickname than J64 though :)—
Ryan Lim (@realryanlim) August 20, 2012
N64 does have a pretty good ring to it.
Wild guess: Yakupov has a better chance of being familiar with the system that brought us “Goldeneye” than Bonsignore’s time with the Oil.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 5
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)