Aug 20, 2012, 11:36 PM EST
It’s common for professional athletes to bribe their teammates into giving them their preferred jersey numbers, but that’s not as easy with a rookie maximum.
(Six plus four equals 10, you see?)
Some Oilers fans might shudder at a prominent No. 1 pick wearing No. 64 considering Jason Bonsignore’s disappointing career.
@JoeYerdonPHT N64 is a much more fitting nickname than J64 though :)—
Ryan Lim (@realryanlim) August 20, 2012
N64 does have a pretty good ring to it.
Wild guess: Yakupov has a better chance of being familiar with the system that brought us “Goldeneye” than Bonsignore’s time with the Oil.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)