Aug 20, 2012, 1:52 PM EDT
Blues forward Chris Stewart showed during his time in Colorado he’s capable of being a solid goal scorer. Back in 2009-10 he potted 28 goals.
Since being traded to St. Louis during the 2010-11 season, however, things have been a bit tougher for Stewart to find the back of the net. In his 95 games as a Blue he has 30 goals and he tells Dave Lozo of NHL.com he feels he’s capable of being the goal scoring threat St. Louis needs.
“You can’t really read into the hype or the hoopla. Everyone’s entitled to write what they want. I do see myself as a goal-scorer in this League. That’s something I can do. I think this year was a learning experience and a good year learning how to be a pro and what you’ve got to do to be successful in this League and look toward next year.”
Blues coach Ken Hitchcock blamed Stewart’s struggles last season on being out of shape. Provided Stewart gets to the level of fitness the coach wants and pushes his game, he can be one of the offensive answers for the Blues.
Talk is cheap though and if the results don’t come, he might wind up re-living last season’s struggles from the bench.
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 9
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 28
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 0
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 26
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Live Extra: Watch Blackhawks-Red Wings Game 3
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins