Aug 20, 2012, 1:52 PM EDT
Blues forward Chris Stewart showed during his time in Colorado he’s capable of being a solid goal scorer. Back in 2009-10 he potted 28 goals.
Since being traded to St. Louis during the 2010-11 season, however, things have been a bit tougher for Stewart to find the back of the net. In his 95 games as a Blue he has 30 goals and he tells Dave Lozo of NHL.com he feels he’s capable of being the goal scoring threat St. Louis needs.
“You can’t really read into the hype or the hoopla. Everyone’s entitled to write what they want. I do see myself as a goal-scorer in this League. That’s something I can do. I think this year was a learning experience and a good year learning how to be a pro and what you’ve got to do to be successful in this League and look toward next year.”
Blues coach Ken Hitchcock blamed Stewart’s struggles last season on being out of shape. Provided Stewart gets to the level of fitness the coach wants and pushes his game, he can be one of the offensive answers for the Blues.
Talk is cheap though and if the results don’t come, he might wind up re-living last season’s struggles from the bench.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 4
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)