Aug 19, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Visnovsky is attempting to block a trade that sent him from the Anaheim Ducks to the New York Islanders.
There’s a chance that things could be a bit awkward regardless of how that hearing plays out.
If he sticks with the Isles, it will be common knowledge that he didn’t really want to land at Long Island. On the other hand, the Ducks attempted to get rid of Lubo, so that could be a bit strange too.
Visnovsky made headlines yesterday after crashing a race car in Slovakia, which reportedly didn’t leave him with “serious injuries.”
Whether he’s in Anaheim or Long Island, Visnovsky would likely admit that it’s been an eventful and stressful summer.
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 0
- Will winning trump revenge tonight? 3
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 7
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 33
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)