Aug 19, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Visnovsky is attempting to block a trade that sent him from the Anaheim Ducks to the New York Islanders.
There’s a chance that things could be a bit awkward regardless of how that hearing plays out.
If he sticks with the Isles, it will be common knowledge that he didn’t really want to land at Long Island. On the other hand, the Ducks attempted to get rid of Lubo, so that could be a bit strange too.
Visnovsky made headlines yesterday after crashing a race car in Slovakia, which reportedly didn’t leave him with “serious injuries.”
Whether he’s in Anaheim or Long Island, Visnovsky would likely admit that it’s been an eventful and stressful summer.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (32)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)