Aug 19, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Visnovsky is attempting to block a trade that sent him from the Anaheim Ducks to the New York Islanders.
There’s a chance that things could be a bit awkward regardless of how that hearing plays out.
If he sticks with the Isles, it will be common knowledge that he didn’t really want to land at Long Island. On the other hand, the Ducks attempted to get rid of Lubo, so that could be a bit strange too.
Visnovsky made headlines yesterday after crashing a race car in Slovakia, which reportedly didn’t leave him with “serious injuries.”
Whether he’s in Anaheim or Long Island, Visnovsky would likely admit that it’s been an eventful and stressful summer.
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 1
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 45
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 49
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)