Aug 19, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Visnovsky is attempting to block a trade that sent him from the Anaheim Ducks to the New York Islanders.
There’s a chance that things could be a bit awkward regardless of how that hearing plays out.
If he sticks with the Isles, it will be common knowledge that he didn’t really want to land at Long Island. On the other hand, the Ducks attempted to get rid of Lubo, so that could be a bit strange too.
Visnovsky made headlines yesterday after crashing a race car in Slovakia, which reportedly didn’t leave him with “serious injuries.”
Whether he’s in Anaheim or Long Island, Visnovsky would likely admit that it’s been an eventful and stressful summer.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 4
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31