Aug 19, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Visnovsky is attempting to block a trade that sent him from the Anaheim Ducks to the New York Islanders.
There’s a chance that things could be a bit awkward regardless of how that hearing plays out.
If he sticks with the Isles, it will be common knowledge that he didn’t really want to land at Long Island. On the other hand, the Ducks attempted to get rid of Lubo, so that could be a bit strange too.
Visnovsky made headlines yesterday after crashing a race car in Slovakia, which reportedly didn’t leave him with “serious injuries.”
Whether he’s in Anaheim or Long Island, Visnovsky would likely admit that it’s been an eventful and stressful summer.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)