Aug 19, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
When the Flames hired Bob Hartley to be their new coach this summer, it seemed to come about suddenly. That wasn’t exactly true as Hartley and Calgary GM Jay Feaster have history together from their time working together in the AHL.
Hartley tells Wes Gilbertson of the Calgary Sun that he’s excited to work with Feaster again and he’s a big fan of his work.
“For me, I know what Jay Feaster did for us in my two years in Hershey, and I’m sure that he was as instrumental to the Tampa Bay Lightning when they won the Stanley Cup. And I know one thing — he’s going to be a big part of our our organization in Calgary.”
See Flames fans, there’s some positive talk for you.
Feaster’s offseason has seen him add Jiri Hudler and Dennis Wideman to the Flames lineup while losing David Moss and Olli Jokinen. That’s not exactly inspiring work, but it’s up to Hartley to make it work. Keep in mind, he hasn’t had a head coaching job since being fired by the Atlanta Thrashers six games into the 2007-08 season.
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 14
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 31
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)