Aug 19, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
When the Flames hired Bob Hartley to be their new coach this summer, it seemed to come about suddenly. That wasn’t exactly true as Hartley and Calgary GM Jay Feaster have history together from their time working together in the AHL.
Hartley tells Wes Gilbertson of the Calgary Sun that he’s excited to work with Feaster again and he’s a big fan of his work.
“For me, I know what Jay Feaster did for us in my two years in Hershey, and I’m sure that he was as instrumental to the Tampa Bay Lightning when they won the Stanley Cup. And I know one thing — he’s going to be a big part of our our organization in Calgary.”
See Flames fans, there’s some positive talk for you.
Feaster’s offseason has seen him add Jiri Hudler and Dennis Wideman to the Flames lineup while losing David Moss and Olli Jokinen. That’s not exactly inspiring work, but it’s up to Hartley to make it work. Keep in mind, he hasn’t had a head coaching job since being fired by the Atlanta Thrashers six games into the 2007-08 season.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 42
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)