Aug 19, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
When the Flames hired Bob Hartley to be their new coach this summer, it seemed to come about suddenly. That wasn’t exactly true as Hartley and Calgary GM Jay Feaster have history together from their time working together in the AHL.
Hartley tells Wes Gilbertson of the Calgary Sun that he’s excited to work with Feaster again and he’s a big fan of his work.
“For me, I know what Jay Feaster did for us in my two years in Hershey, and I’m sure that he was as instrumental to the Tampa Bay Lightning when they won the Stanley Cup. And I know one thing — he’s going to be a big part of our our organization in Calgary.”
See Flames fans, there’s some positive talk for you.
Feaster’s offseason has seen him add Jiri Hudler and Dennis Wideman to the Flames lineup while losing David Moss and Olli Jokinen. That’s not exactly inspiring work, but it’s up to Hartley to make it work. Keep in mind, he hasn’t had a head coaching job since being fired by the Atlanta Thrashers six games into the 2007-08 season.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)