Aug 19, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
When the Flames hired Bob Hartley to be their new coach this summer, it seemed to come about suddenly. That wasn’t exactly true as Hartley and Calgary GM Jay Feaster have history together from their time working together in the AHL.
Hartley tells Wes Gilbertson of the Calgary Sun that he’s excited to work with Feaster again and he’s a big fan of his work.
“For me, I know what Jay Feaster did for us in my two years in Hershey, and I’m sure that he was as instrumental to the Tampa Bay Lightning when they won the Stanley Cup. And I know one thing — he’s going to be a big part of our our organization in Calgary.”
See Flames fans, there’s some positive talk for you.
Feaster’s offseason has seen him add Jiri Hudler and Dennis Wideman to the Flames lineup while losing David Moss and Olli Jokinen. That’s not exactly inspiring work, but it’s up to Hartley to make it work. Keep in mind, he hasn’t had a head coaching job since being fired by the Atlanta Thrashers six games into the 2007-08 season.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)