Aug 18, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
Canada won the Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament for the fifth year in a row, but to many, it was all about Nathan MacKinnon.
The odds-on top pick of the 2013 NHL Draft* scored a hat trick in the game, adding another bullet to an increasingly promising resume.
MacKinnon scored 31 goals and 78 points in 58 regular season games and 28 points in 17 postseason contests for the Halifax Mooseheads in the QMJHL last season.
* – Many indicate that it might come down to MacKinnon or Seth Jones, son of former NBA player “Popeye” Jones.
- In praise of John Tavares 5
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 18
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 13
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 54
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31