Aug 18, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
Canada won the Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament for the fifth year in a row, but to many, it was all about Nathan MacKinnon.
The odds-on top pick of the 2013 NHL Draft* scored a hat trick in the game, adding another bullet to an increasingly promising resume.
MacKinnon scored 31 goals and 78 points in 58 regular season games and 28 points in 17 postseason contests for the Halifax Mooseheads in the QMJHL last season.
* – Many indicate that it might come down to MacKinnon or Seth Jones, son of former NBA player “Popeye” Jones.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5