Aug 18, 2012, 7:08 PM EST
Canada won the Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament for the fifth year in a row, but to many, it was all about Nathan MacKinnon.
The odds-on top pick of the 2013 NHL Draft* scored a hat trick in the game, adding another bullet to an increasingly promising resume.
MacKinnon scored 31 goals and 78 points in 58 regular season games and 28 points in 17 postseason contests for the Halifax Mooseheads in the QMJHL last season.
* – Many indicate that it might come down to MacKinnon or Seth Jones, son of former NBA player “Popeye” Jones.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 0
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 24
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)