Aug 18, 2012, 7:08 PM EST
Canada won the Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament for the fifth year in a row, but to many, it was all about Nathan MacKinnon.
The odds-on top pick of the 2013 NHL Draft* scored a hat trick in the game, adding another bullet to an increasingly promising resume.
MacKinnon scored 31 goals and 78 points in 58 regular season games and 28 points in 17 postseason contests for the Halifax Mooseheads in the QMJHL last season.
* – Many indicate that it might come down to MacKinnon or Seth Jones, son of former NBA player “Popeye” Jones.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 155
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 121
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (155)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (121)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)