Aug 18, 2012, 10:08 PM EST
Feel free to peruse those in greater detail, but here are some observations about a few of the more surprising bits.
- The five highest rated Florida Panthers players are all tied at an 83 rating.
- Sidney Crosby (95) sports a much higher rating than Evgeni Malkin (91), while Marc-Andre Fleury and Tomas Vokoun are rated 87 overall.
- Claude Giroux gets a 90 while Ilya Bryzgalov receives a benefit-of-the-doubt 86.
- Daniel Sedin (91) and Henrik Sedin (90) don’t have “twin” ratings.
- Cam Ward (88) and Eric Staal (87) still lead the way for the Carolina Hurricanes. Meanwhile, Alex Semin‘s rating is an enigmatic 83.
Leahy points out that the NHL 13 demo will be available on Xbox Live and Playstation 3 on Aug. 21,* so you can give the game a try then.
(As long as you’re OK with using the Los Angeles Kings and/or New Jersey Devils.)
* – Unless you have a PS3 in Europe. Then you need to wait an extra day.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 19
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)