Aug 17, 2012, 12:52 PM EST
Hannan appeared in 78 games last season for the Calgary Flames, averaging 20:21 of ice time per game, blocking 126 shots, scoring twice and adding 10 assists.
The 33-year-old defensive specialist has been remarkably durable throughout his career, avoiding any serious injury.
And as the club points out in the press release, “the Predators now have two defensemen with more than 800 games of NHL experience for the first time in franchise history (Hannan, 908gp; Hal Gill, 1,070gp).”
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 30
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32