Aug 17, 2012, 12:52 PM EDT
Hannan appeared in 78 games last season for the Calgary Flames, averaging 20:21 of ice time per game, blocking 126 shots, scoring twice and adding 10 assists.
The 33-year-old defensive specialist has been remarkably durable throughout his career, avoiding any serious injury.
And as the club points out in the press release, “the Predators now have two defensemen with more than 800 games of NHL experience for the first time in franchise history (Hannan, 908gp; Hal Gill, 1,070gp).”
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15