Aug 17, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin continued to shape his front office on Friday, extending the contract of Trevor Timmins as director of amateur scouting and hiring ex-Hab Donald Audette and former NHLer Mark Mowers as amateur scouts.
“The Montreal Canadiens organization is very proud of the work that Trevor Timmins has done in terms of player scouting and development over his time with the team and we are very happy to count on his services for years to come,” Bergevin told the team website.
“We agree with Trevor and his group on the necessity of adding an amateur scout in Quebec, and we are pleased to welcome Donald Audette, who will now occupy this position for the team.”
Prior to joining the Canadiens, Timmis was a longtime employee of the Ottawa Senators, once serving as their director of player personnel.
Audette spent 15 seasons in the NHL — three with Montreal — playing in 735 career games and notching 509 points.
Mowers was a career journeyman that played 278 games for Nashville, Detroit, Boston and Anaheim. He’s only recently removed from his playing days, however, having spent the 2010-11 season with Fribourg-Gotteron of the Swiss National League.
So, here’s a rundown of all the guys Bergevin has hired/extended this summer in either a coaching, scouting, front office or player personnel role:
Michel Therrien, Gerard Gallant, Clement Jodoin, Martin Lapointe, Patrice Brisebois, Sylvain Lefevbre, J.J. Daineault, Trevor Timmins, Donald Audette, Mark Mowers, Scott Mellanby and Rick Dudley.
Hey, at least he’s keeping the HR department busy.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)