Aug 17, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin continued to shape his front office on Friday, extending the contract of Trevor Timmins as director of amateur scouting and hiring ex-Hab Donald Audette and former NHLer Mark Mowers as amateur scouts.
“The Montreal Canadiens organization is very proud of the work that Trevor Timmins has done in terms of player scouting and development over his time with the team and we are very happy to count on his services for years to come,” Bergevin told the team website.
“We agree with Trevor and his group on the necessity of adding an amateur scout in Quebec, and we are pleased to welcome Donald Audette, who will now occupy this position for the team.”
Prior to joining the Canadiens, Timmis was a longtime employee of the Ottawa Senators, once serving as their director of player personnel.
Audette spent 15 seasons in the NHL — three with Montreal — playing in 735 career games and notching 509 points.
Mowers was a career journeyman that played 278 games for Nashville, Detroit, Boston and Anaheim. He’s only recently removed from his playing days, however, having spent the 2010-11 season with Fribourg-Gotteron of the Swiss National League.
So, here’s a rundown of all the guys Bergevin has hired/extended this summer in either a coaching, scouting, front office or player personnel role:
Michel Therrien, Gerard Gallant, Clement Jodoin, Martin Lapointe, Patrice Brisebois, Sylvain Lefevbre, J.J. Daineault, Trevor Timmins, Donald Audette, Mark Mowers, Scott Mellanby and Rick Dudley.
Hey, at least he’s keeping the HR department busy.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 23
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)