Aug 17, 2012, 8:30 PM EST
Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin continued to shape his front office on Friday, extending the contract of Trevor Timmins as director of amateur scouting and hiring ex-Hab Donald Audette and former NHLer Mark Mowers as amateur scouts.
“The Montreal Canadiens organization is very proud of the work that Trevor Timmins has done in terms of player scouting and development over his time with the team and we are very happy to count on his services for years to come,” Bergevin told the team website.
“We agree with Trevor and his group on the necessity of adding an amateur scout in Quebec, and we are pleased to welcome Donald Audette, who will now occupy this position for the team.”
Prior to joining the Canadiens, Timmis was a longtime employee of the Ottawa Senators, once serving as their director of player personnel.
Audette spent 15 seasons in the NHL — three with Montreal — playing in 735 career games and notching 509 points.
Mowers was a career journeyman that played 278 games for Nashville, Detroit, Boston and Anaheim. He’s only recently removed from his playing days, however, having spent the 2010-11 season with Fribourg-Gotteron of the Swiss National League.
So, here’s a rundown of all the guys Bergevin has hired/extended this summer in either a coaching, scouting, front office or player personnel role:
Michel Therrien, Gerard Gallant, Clement Jodoin, Martin Lapointe, Patrice Brisebois, Sylvain Lefevbre, J.J. Daineault, Trevor Timmins, Donald Audette, Mark Mowers, Scott Mellanby and Rick Dudley.
Hey, at least he’s keeping the HR department busy.
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 52
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (159)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)