Aug 17, 2012, 8:30 PM EST
Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin continued to shape his front office on Friday, extending the contract of Trevor Timmins as director of amateur scouting and hiring ex-Hab Donald Audette and former NHLer Mark Mowers as amateur scouts.
“The Montreal Canadiens organization is very proud of the work that Trevor Timmins has done in terms of player scouting and development over his time with the team and we are very happy to count on his services for years to come,” Bergevin told the team website.
“We agree with Trevor and his group on the necessity of adding an amateur scout in Quebec, and we are pleased to welcome Donald Audette, who will now occupy this position for the team.”
Prior to joining the Canadiens, Timmis was a longtime employee of the Ottawa Senators, once serving as their director of player personnel.
Audette spent 15 seasons in the NHL — three with Montreal — playing in 735 career games and notching 509 points.
Mowers was a career journeyman that played 278 games for Nashville, Detroit, Boston and Anaheim. He’s only recently removed from his playing days, however, having spent the 2010-11 season with Fribourg-Gotteron of the Swiss National League.
So, here’s a rundown of all the guys Bergevin has hired/extended this summer in either a coaching, scouting, front office or player personnel role:
Michel Therrien, Gerard Gallant, Clement Jodoin, Martin Lapointe, Patrice Brisebois, Sylvain Lefevbre, J.J. Daineault, Trevor Timmins, Donald Audette, Mark Mowers, Scott Mellanby and Rick Dudley.
Hey, at least he’s keeping the HR department busy.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 4
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 2
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 67
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 28
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 86
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)