Aug 16, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks re-signed another of their young free agents on Thursday, agreeing to terms with winger Brandon Mashinter.
Mashinter, 23, made his NHL debut with the Sharks in 2010-11, appearing in 13 games. He spent all of last season with San Jose’s AHL affiliate in Worcester, scoring 16G-17A-33PTS in 65 games — finishing second on the team in goals and fourth in points.
His signing is the latest in a summer where the Sharks retained a number of their young prospects. Matt Pelech, Frazer McLaren, John McCarthy, T.J. Galiardi and Alex Stalock were all re-signed as the club opted to stick with the majority of last year’s group, one that finished seventh in the Western Conference and was bounced of the playoffs in the first round.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)