Aug 16, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks re-signed another of their young free agents on Thursday, agreeing to terms with winger Brandon Mashinter.
Mashinter, 23, made his NHL debut with the Sharks in 2010-11, appearing in 13 games. He spent all of last season with San Jose’s AHL affiliate in Worcester, scoring 16G-17A-33PTS in 65 games — finishing second on the team in goals and fourth in points.
His signing is the latest in a summer where the Sharks retained a number of their young prospects. Matt Pelech, Frazer McLaren, John McCarthy, T.J. Galiardi and Alex Stalock were all re-signed as the club opted to stick with the majority of last year’s group, one that finished seventh in the Western Conference and was bounced of the playoffs in the first round.
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 0
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 8
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 2
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 30
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 32
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)