Aug 16, 2012, 11:00 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks re-signed another of their young free agents on Thursday, agreeing to terms with winger Brandon Mashinter.
Mashinter, 23, made his NHL debut with the Sharks in 2010-11, appearing in 13 games. He spent all of last season with San Jose’s AHL affiliate in Worcester, scoring 16G-17A-33PTS in 65 games — finishing second on the team in goals and fourth in points.
His signing is the latest in a summer where the Sharks retained a number of their young prospects. Matt Pelech, Frazer McLaren, John McCarthy, T.J. Galiardi and Alex Stalock were all re-signed as the club opted to stick with the majority of last year’s group, one that finished seventh in the Western Conference and was bounced of the playoffs in the first round.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 43
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)