Aug 16, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks re-signed another of their young free agents on Thursday, agreeing to terms with winger Brandon Mashinter.
Mashinter, 23, made his NHL debut with the Sharks in 2010-11, appearing in 13 games. He spent all of last season with San Jose’s AHL affiliate in Worcester, scoring 16G-17A-33PTS in 65 games — finishing second on the team in goals and fourth in points.
His signing is the latest in a summer where the Sharks retained a number of their young prospects. Matt Pelech, Frazer McLaren, John McCarthy, T.J. Galiardi and Alex Stalock were all re-signed as the club opted to stick with the majority of last year’s group, one that finished seventh in the Western Conference and was bounced of the playoffs in the first round.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)