Aug 16, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks re-signed another of their young free agents on Thursday, agreeing to terms with winger Brandon Mashinter.
Mashinter, 23, made his NHL debut with the Sharks in 2010-11, appearing in 13 games. He spent all of last season with San Jose’s AHL affiliate in Worcester, scoring 16G-17A-33PTS in 65 games — finishing second on the team in goals and fourth in points.
His signing is the latest in a summer where the Sharks retained a number of their young prospects. Matt Pelech, Frazer McLaren, John McCarthy, T.J. Galiardi and Alex Stalock were all re-signed as the club opted to stick with the majority of last year’s group, one that finished seventh in the Western Conference and was bounced of the playoffs in the first round.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 8
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 39
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)