Aug 16, 2012, 9:37 PM EST
If Chris Campoli‘s words are any indication, NHL players aren’t just disappointed with the owners’ response to their CBA proposal.
They’re frustrated, too.
“The industry’s grown a billion dollars since [the lockout] and basically they just want more money,” said Campoli, a member of the NHLPA’s negotiating committee. “I thought in our proposal we made a step and considerable concessions to them.
“Frankly, it was a little disappointing to see the response yesterday and the view they have on it.”
More, from the Globe and Mail:
Campoli was one of three NHL players who took part in Thursday’s sub-committee meetings, which covered secondary issues not related to the economic ones that have divided the sides.
An unrestricted free agent who spent last season in Montreal, Campoli has emerged as one of the strongest voices among the players.
The veteran defenceman has attended six bargaining sessions this summer and was hopeful that Tuesday’s NHLPA proposal might kickstart negotiations.
Campoli went on to describe the owners’ initial proposal as “aggressive” and said the players could’ve chosen to reply in kind — but didn’t.
“We could have taken an aggressive stance the other way and we didn’t,” he said. “You know, we want to fix the systematic issues they have with the way things are run and I think we’re being more than fair.”
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)