Aug 16, 2012, 11:48 AM EDT
Simmonds, 23, has one year left on his current deal. The extension makes him Philly property through 2018-19.
Of note, Andy Strickland of TrueHockey.com says the Simmonds’ deal is worth $23.875 million over six years.
Update: CSNPhilly.com has comments from Simmonds.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35