Aug 16, 2012, 3:14 PM EDT
“I had a bad foot at the beginning of the playoffs and I hurt it again at the end,” Clarkson said. “Emotions are high during the playoffs and you can play through it, but then you realize you’re still sore a couple of weeks after it’s over.
“It was a fracture so I just stayed off it and relaxed this summer, if you can call it that. You can call me a sore loser.”
We’ll go ahead and forget he made that joke.
Clarkson had just three goals in 24 playoff games after a 30-goal regular season.
On the topic of a potential lockout, the 28-year-old says he’s still hopeful an agreement can be reached with no games lost, but he has “no idea what will happen.”
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)