Aug 16, 2012, 3:14 PM EDT
“I had a bad foot at the beginning of the playoffs and I hurt it again at the end,” Clarkson said. “Emotions are high during the playoffs and you can play through it, but then you realize you’re still sore a couple of weeks after it’s over.
“It was a fracture so I just stayed off it and relaxed this summer, if you can call it that. You can call me a sore loser.”
We’ll go ahead and forget he made that joke.
Clarkson had just three goals in 24 playoff games after a 30-goal regular season.
On the topic of a potential lockout, the 28-year-old says he’s still hopeful an agreement can be reached with no games lost, but he has “no idea what will happen.”
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)