Aug 16, 2012, 3:14 PM EDT
“I had a bad foot at the beginning of the playoffs and I hurt it again at the end,” Clarkson said. “Emotions are high during the playoffs and you can play through it, but then you realize you’re still sore a couple of weeks after it’s over.
“It was a fracture so I just stayed off it and relaxed this summer, if you can call it that. You can call me a sore loser.”
We’ll go ahead and forget he made that joke.
Clarkson had just three goals in 24 playoff games after a 30-goal regular season.
On the topic of a potential lockout, the 28-year-old says he’s still hopeful an agreement can be reached with no games lost, but he has “no idea what will happen.”
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 3
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 10
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 73
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (74)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)