Aug 16, 2012, 3:14 PM EDT
“I had a bad foot at the beginning of the playoffs and I hurt it again at the end,” Clarkson said. “Emotions are high during the playoffs and you can play through it, but then you realize you’re still sore a couple of weeks after it’s over.
“It was a fracture so I just stayed off it and relaxed this summer, if you can call it that. You can call me a sore loser.”
We’ll go ahead and forget he made that joke.
Clarkson had just three goals in 24 playoff games after a 30-goal regular season.
On the topic of a potential lockout, the 28-year-old says he’s still hopeful an agreement can be reached with no games lost, but he has “no idea what will happen.”
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21