Aug 16, 2012, 3:14 PM EST
“I had a bad foot at the beginning of the playoffs and I hurt it again at the end,” Clarkson said. “Emotions are high during the playoffs and you can play through it, but then you realize you’re still sore a couple of weeks after it’s over.
“It was a fracture so I just stayed off it and relaxed this summer, if you can call it that. You can call me a sore loser.”
We’ll go ahead and forget he made that joke.
Clarkson had just three goals in 24 playoff games after a 30-goal regular season.
On the topic of a potential lockout, the 28-year-old says he’s still hopeful an agreement can be reached with no games lost, but he has “no idea what will happen.”
- Luongo leaves game, Panthers in bind with Montoya also hurt 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)