Aug 15, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
NHLPA head Donald Fehr rolled out the players’ counter-proposal on Tuesday, giving people time to react to the emerging details.
Let’s take a look at some interesting reactions.
steven stamkos (@RealStamkos91) August 14, 2012
Tom Gulitti ranks among media members who believe that players are winning the public relations battle:
Masterful job done by NHLPA. If NHLPA proposal doesn't lead to agreement by Sept. 15 now, fan sentiment will be even more in players' favor.—
Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) August 14, 2012
But Gulitti is far from the only one. Take Josh Yohe, for instance:
Unlike most labor disputes, I'm sensing fans are very much behind the players on this one. They are clearly winning the PR battle.—
Josh Yohe (@JoshYohe_Trib) August 14, 2012
Jesse Spector goes a step further by saying that it’s a good sign for the future.
NHLPA changes the conversation in negotiations with the NHL, which is good news for the future. bit.ly/N1d7YF—
Jesse Spector (@jessespector) August 15, 2012
Lou Korac drops a hockey metaphor into the mix, although it’s unclear what four “goals” would have entailed.
Lou Korac (@lkorac10) August 15, 2012
Renaud P. Lavoie believes that the NHLPA’s flexibility regarding a salary cap is key to getting a deal done.
NHLPA won't ask the NHL to get rid of the salary cap system. Important step to make sure they'll be hockey at one point this season.—
Renaud P Lavoie (@RenLavoieRDS) August 14, 2012
Time will tell how much progress was really made on Tuesday, but for many, it’s refreshing to merely come across more positivity.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 18
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5