Aug 15, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
NHLPA head Donald Fehr rolled out the players’ counter-proposal on Tuesday, giving people time to react to the emerging details.
Let’s take a look at some interesting reactions.
steven stamkos (@RealStamkos91) August 14, 2012
Tom Gulitti ranks among media members who believe that players are winning the public relations battle:
Masterful job done by NHLPA. If NHLPA proposal doesn't lead to agreement by Sept. 15 now, fan sentiment will be even more in players' favor.—
Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) August 14, 2012
But Gulitti is far from the only one. Take Josh Yohe, for instance:
Unlike most labor disputes, I'm sensing fans are very much behind the players on this one. They are clearly winning the PR battle.—
Josh Yohe (@JoshYohe_Trib) August 14, 2012
Jesse Spector goes a step further by saying that it’s a good sign for the future.
NHLPA changes the conversation in negotiations with the NHL, which is good news for the future. bit.ly/N1d7YF—
Jesse Spector (@jessespector) August 15, 2012
Lou Korac drops a hockey metaphor into the mix, although it’s unclear what four “goals” would have entailed.
Lou Korac (@lkorac10) August 15, 2012
Renaud P. Lavoie believes that the NHLPA’s flexibility regarding a salary cap is key to getting a deal done.
NHLPA won't ask the NHL to get rid of the salary cap system. Important step to make sure they'll be hockey at one point this season.—
Renaud P Lavoie (@RenLavoieRDS) August 14, 2012
Time will tell how much progress was really made on Tuesday, but for many, it’s refreshing to merely come across more positivity.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 16
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)