Aug 15, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
NHLPA head Donald Fehr rolled out the players’ counter-proposal on Tuesday, giving people time to react to the emerging details.
Let’s take a look at some interesting reactions.
steven stamkos (@RealStamkos91) August 14, 2012
Tom Gulitti ranks among media members who believe that players are winning the public relations battle:
Masterful job done by NHLPA. If NHLPA proposal doesn't lead to agreement by Sept. 15 now, fan sentiment will be even more in players' favor.—
Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) August 14, 2012
But Gulitti is far from the only one. Take Josh Yohe, for instance:
Unlike most labor disputes, I'm sensing fans are very much behind the players on this one. They are clearly winning the PR battle.—
Josh Yohe (@JoshYohe_Trib) August 14, 2012
Jesse Spector goes a step further by saying that it’s a good sign for the future.
NHLPA changes the conversation in negotiations with the NHL, which is good news for the future. bit.ly/N1d7YF—
Jesse Spector (@jessespector) August 15, 2012
Lou Korac drops a hockey metaphor into the mix, although it’s unclear what four “goals” would have entailed.
Lou Korac (@lkorac10) August 15, 2012
Renaud P. Lavoie believes that the NHLPA’s flexibility regarding a salary cap is key to getting a deal done.
NHLPA won't ask the NHL to get rid of the salary cap system. Important step to make sure they'll be hockey at one point this season.—
Renaud P Lavoie (@RenLavoieRDS) August 14, 2012
Time will tell how much progress was really made on Tuesday, but for many, it’s refreshing to merely come across more positivity.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 11
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)