Aug 15, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
NHLPA head Donald Fehr rolled out the players’ counter-proposal on Tuesday, giving people time to react to the emerging details.
Let’s take a look at some interesting reactions.
steven stamkos (@RealStamkos91) August 14, 2012
Tom Gulitti ranks among media members who believe that players are winning the public relations battle:
Masterful job done by NHLPA. If NHLPA proposal doesn't lead to agreement by Sept. 15 now, fan sentiment will be even more in players' favor.—
Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) August 14, 2012
But Gulitti is far from the only one. Take Josh Yohe, for instance:
Unlike most labor disputes, I'm sensing fans are very much behind the players on this one. They are clearly winning the PR battle.—
Josh Yohe (@JoshYohe_Trib) August 14, 2012
Jesse Spector goes a step further by saying that it’s a good sign for the future.
NHLPA changes the conversation in negotiations with the NHL, which is good news for the future. bit.ly/N1d7YF—
Jesse Spector (@jessespector) August 15, 2012
Lou Korac drops a hockey metaphor into the mix, although it’s unclear what four “goals” would have entailed.
Lou Korac (@lkorac10) August 15, 2012
Renaud P. Lavoie believes that the NHLPA’s flexibility regarding a salary cap is key to getting a deal done.
NHLPA won't ask the NHL to get rid of the salary cap system. Important step to make sure they'll be hockey at one point this season.—
Renaud P Lavoie (@RenLavoieRDS) August 14, 2012
Time will tell how much progress was really made on Tuesday, but for many, it’s refreshing to merely come across more positivity.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)