Aug 15, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
NHLPA head Donald Fehr rolled out the players’ counter-proposal on Tuesday, giving people time to react to the emerging details.
Let’s take a look at some interesting reactions.
steven stamkos (@RealStamkos91) August 14, 2012
Tom Gulitti ranks among media members who believe that players are winning the public relations battle:
Masterful job done by NHLPA. If NHLPA proposal doesn't lead to agreement by Sept. 15 now, fan sentiment will be even more in players' favor.—
Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) August 14, 2012
But Gulitti is far from the only one. Take Josh Yohe, for instance:
Unlike most labor disputes, I'm sensing fans are very much behind the players on this one. They are clearly winning the PR battle.—
Josh Yohe (@JoshYohe_Trib) August 14, 2012
Jesse Spector goes a step further by saying that it’s a good sign for the future.
NHLPA changes the conversation in negotiations with the NHL, which is good news for the future. bit.ly/N1d7YF—
Jesse Spector (@jessespector) August 15, 2012
Lou Korac drops a hockey metaphor into the mix, although it’s unclear what four “goals” would have entailed.
Lou Korac (@lkorac10) August 15, 2012
Renaud P. Lavoie believes that the NHLPA’s flexibility regarding a salary cap is key to getting a deal done.
NHLPA won't ask the NHL to get rid of the salary cap system. Important step to make sure they'll be hockey at one point this season.—
Renaud P Lavoie (@RenLavoieRDS) August 14, 2012
Time will tell how much progress was really made on Tuesday, but for many, it’s refreshing to merely come across more positivity.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)