Aug 15, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
On Tuesday, testimony was heard in a lawsuit filed by a woman claiming Anaheim GM Bob Murray assaulted her following a Ducks playoff loss to Detroit in 2009.
Rachel Paris told jurors that Murray, angered after the Ducks lost to the Wings in the seventh and deciding game of the Western Conference semifinals, hit her twice in the chest with a long-legged bar stool, knocking her against the wall of the press box.
“I yelled at him to stop,” she said, describing how she tried to prevent Murray from walking away. “He turned around and glared at me and continued up the aisle.”
Paris said she reported the incident to Detroit police officers at Joe Louis Arena and that Murray appeared a short time later and apologized.
“He said, ‘I’m so sorry. This was an accident,’ ” she testified.
” ‘You and I both know that this was no accident,’ ” Paris said she replied.
Paris said she suffered from shoulder and back injuries, headaches and chipped teeth — which, along with other problems, cost her a job as a stage manager at sporting events.
Murray’s lawyer used his opening statement to tell jurors that Paris is faking her injuries. He then proceeded to show video evidence of her making a three-mile walk and lifting a two-and-a-half gallon gas can.
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 4
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 9
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 20
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 36
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 33
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 88
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)