Aug 15, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
On Tuesday, testimony was heard in a lawsuit filed by a woman claiming Anaheim GM Bob Murray assaulted her following a Ducks playoff loss to Detroit in 2009.
Rachel Paris told jurors that Murray, angered after the Ducks lost to the Wings in the seventh and deciding game of the Western Conference semifinals, hit her twice in the chest with a long-legged bar stool, knocking her against the wall of the press box.
“I yelled at him to stop,” she said, describing how she tried to prevent Murray from walking away. “He turned around and glared at me and continued up the aisle.”
Paris said she reported the incident to Detroit police officers at Joe Louis Arena and that Murray appeared a short time later and apologized.
“He said, ‘I’m so sorry. This was an accident,’ ” she testified.
” ‘You and I both know that this was no accident,’ ” Paris said she replied.
Paris said she suffered from shoulder and back injuries, headaches and chipped teeth — which, along with other problems, cost her a job as a stage manager at sporting events.
Murray’s lawyer used his opening statement to tell jurors that Paris is faking her injuries. He then proceeded to show video evidence of her making a three-mile walk and lifting a two-and-a-half gallon gas can.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 0
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)