Aug 15, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
On Tuesday, testimony was heard in a lawsuit filed by a woman claiming Anaheim GM Bob Murray assaulted her following a Ducks playoff loss to Detroit in 2009.
Rachel Paris told jurors that Murray, angered after the Ducks lost to the Wings in the seventh and deciding game of the Western Conference semifinals, hit her twice in the chest with a long-legged bar stool, knocking her against the wall of the press box.
“I yelled at him to stop,” she said, describing how she tried to prevent Murray from walking away. “He turned around and glared at me and continued up the aisle.”
Paris said she reported the incident to Detroit police officers at Joe Louis Arena and that Murray appeared a short time later and apologized.
“He said, ‘I’m so sorry. This was an accident,’ ” she testified.
” ‘You and I both know that this was no accident,’ ” Paris said she replied.
Paris said she suffered from shoulder and back injuries, headaches and chipped teeth — which, along with other problems, cost her a job as a stage manager at sporting events.
Murray’s lawyer used his opening statement to tell jurors that Paris is faking her injuries. He then proceeded to show video evidence of her making a three-mile walk and lifting a two-and-a-half gallon gas can.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)