Aug 15, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
On Tuesday, testimony was heard in a lawsuit filed by a woman claiming Anaheim GM Bob Murray assaulted her following a Ducks playoff loss to Detroit in 2009.
Rachel Paris told jurors that Murray, angered after the Ducks lost to the Wings in the seventh and deciding game of the Western Conference semifinals, hit her twice in the chest with a long-legged bar stool, knocking her against the wall of the press box.
“I yelled at him to stop,” she said, describing how she tried to prevent Murray from walking away. “He turned around and glared at me and continued up the aisle.”
Paris said she reported the incident to Detroit police officers at Joe Louis Arena and that Murray appeared a short time later and apologized.
“He said, ‘I’m so sorry. This was an accident,’ ” she testified.
” ‘You and I both know that this was no accident,’ ” Paris said she replied.
Paris said she suffered from shoulder and back injuries, headaches and chipped teeth — which, along with other problems, cost her a job as a stage manager at sporting events.
Murray’s lawyer used his opening statement to tell jurors that Paris is faking her injuries. He then proceeded to show video evidence of her making a three-mile walk and lifting a two-and-a-half gallon gas can.
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 24
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 27
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)