Aug 15, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
On Tuesday, testimony was heard in a lawsuit filed by a woman claiming Anaheim GM Bob Murray assaulted her following a Ducks playoff loss to Detroit in 2009.
Rachel Paris told jurors that Murray, angered after the Ducks lost to the Wings in the seventh and deciding game of the Western Conference semifinals, hit her twice in the chest with a long-legged bar stool, knocking her against the wall of the press box.
“I yelled at him to stop,” she said, describing how she tried to prevent Murray from walking away. “He turned around and glared at me and continued up the aisle.”
Paris said she reported the incident to Detroit police officers at Joe Louis Arena and that Murray appeared a short time later and apologized.
“He said, ‘I’m so sorry. This was an accident,’ ” she testified.
” ‘You and I both know that this was no accident,’ ” Paris said she replied.
Paris said she suffered from shoulder and back injuries, headaches and chipped teeth — which, along with other problems, cost her a job as a stage manager at sporting events.
Murray’s lawyer used his opening statement to tell jurors that Paris is faking her injuries. He then proceeded to show video evidence of her making a three-mile walk and lifting a two-and-a-half gallon gas can.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 35
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)