Aug 15, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
Dennis Bernstein passes along Expressen.se’s report that Henrik and Daniel Sedin plan on staying in Vancouver in the event of a lockout – under most circumstances.
One possibility that can change things, however, is if the entire season gets canceled.
In that case, the Sedin twins have reportedly been in talks with Swedish Elite League team MODO for a possible hockey-playing Plan B.
Some NBA players actually opted to play in foreign leagues even without a full season lost, in many cases arranging “out” clauses to allow them to return to the NBA once those talks were over.
Of course, right now these are just hypothetical discussions.
(H/T to Rotoworld)
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 4
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)