Aug 15, 2012, 7:00 PM EST
Dennis Bernstein passes along Expressen.se’s report that Henrik and Daniel Sedin plan on staying in Vancouver in the event of a lockout – under most circumstances.
One possibility that can change things, however, is if the entire season gets canceled.
In that case, the Sedin twins have reportedly been in talks with Swedish Elite League team MODO for a possible hockey-playing Plan B.
Some NBA players actually opted to play in foreign leagues even without a full season lost, in many cases arranging “out” clauses to allow them to return to the NBA once those talks were over.
Of course, right now these are just hypothetical discussions.
(H/T to Rotoworld)
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)